Starting again... again.

Options
Call me B if you like.

I started losing weight in November last year- by the 12th, I stood 174cm (5' 9) and weighed in at 80.3kg (177lb) with a BMI of 26.5, putting me in the overweight category, though really I'd been overweight for around six years by that point. I had no self-confidence because of my weight, and was finally determined to do something about it. I managed to stick to a diet over the next few months, averaging around a thousand calories a day (which eventually became increasingly drastic to the point of unhealthy), and by around late March/April was down to 69.2kg.

Unfortunately, it's been less-than-smooth sailing since then. I've lost a lot of motivation and will, partly due to stress etc., and am now currently back around 72-73kg. I've realised recently just how unhappy this is making me, and I'm really determined to get back on track. My ideal goal is to reach 64-65kg by mid-November, hopefully amounting to a 15kg difference after one year, and increase my overall fitness (and hopefully kill my ever problematic sweet-tooth). Feel free to add me, I could really use the support.

-B

Replies

• mike_usmc
    mike_usmc Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome to MFP! Also, grats on the first post, and congrats on stepping towards making the change. About seven years ago I was addicted to smoking, and the reason I bring this up is cause dieting, losing weight and working out is like quitting smoking. It has to be something you want 100% completely and you have to dedicate everything to it and at times make a few lifestyle changes. It took me the 4th time saying "I quit" to finally get it right. Now I'm on my who knows what time "I'm going to lose this weight" deal again.

For me, isn't just easier to grab a cheeseburger, or my other weakness have a diet coke? Sure is. And on my to and from work I see about 20 places offering all of the above, and everday I have to just keep on pushing forward. You can do it !
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I B-lieve in you!
  • emilydavid7
    emilydavid7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much! I get what you mean by likening it to giving up smoking- I became overweight initially after eating became a comfort and subsequent habit during a stressful period, which in turn was made worse by the fact that my weight destroyed any self-esteem etc. I've acknowledged to myself that I've fallen quite badly off-track lately, but I've also realised that achieving my weight goals and sorting out my bad eating habits while I'm still young is one of the most important things in my life to me. Really genuinely appreciate the support :)