cnjg6677
cnjg6677 Posts: 177 Member
Anyone have a low calorie recipe

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Buy a really good cinnamon roll, eat a quarter, really savour it, and give the rest to someone else.

I gave up trying to recreate things with substitute ingredients.... I stupidly convinced myself that my baked creations were a good swap for the real thing. They weren't.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    Buy a really good cinnamon roll, eat a quarter, really savour it, and give the rest to someone else.

I gave up trying to recreate things with substitute ingredients.... I stupidly convinced myself that my baked creations were a good swap for the real thing. They weren't.

I pretty much agree with that. ^^

But, @cnjg6677 , maybe if you stop and think about what it is about a cinnamon roll that you really like, you can figure out a way to get what you want without eating an 800-kcal cinnamon roll or buying one and only eating part of it. For example, while I like a good enriched, yeast roll, when I'm craving a cinnamon roll, it's not really the roll I'm craving. You could try making a little cream cheese-based icing (or neufchatel-cheese based icing, or even greek yogurt-based icing) and spreading it on a cinnamon graham cracker, and see if that hits the spot.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be unhelpful but I agree with them. If I want something, like a cinnamon roll, I want a cinnamon roll. Not a low calorie something else that kind of resembles a cinnamon roll LOL. Have you tried looking on skinnytaste.com?