Mishap Yesterday....

Options
Fell off the wagon yesterday but I will not let myself stop this progress. I feel guilty but also strong and I realize I don't like how I feel when I don't eat better. So today is a new day and I will do this.

Replies

• ksl10
    ksl10 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Way to go in analyzing and learning from how you felt in falling off the wagon.
  • SpunkyJK9293
    SpunkyJK9293 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much 😁
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Yeah, *kitten* happens. I sort of fell of the wagon twice recently, and I wasn't proud about it. But realizing you really haven't "destroyed" anything is the first step. It happens, but if it doesn't happen too often, it's not going to hurt you, either. As you said, today is a new day! Great attitude!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,381 Member
    Options
    That's absolutely the right attitude. One bad day is just one day. What matters most is what we do on the overwhelming majority of our days.

(Most of us gained in the first place quite gradually, just eating a small bit more than we burned. 100 calories daily of eating more or moving less (or any combination of the two) is 10 pounds gained in a year. On the other hand, eating less or moving more to the tune of 100 calories under maintenance is 10 pounds lost in a year.)

Best wishes!

• elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    Don't consider it "falling off the wagon" but a day you made bad choices. You'll make better choices today. We're not perfect, so sometimes it just happens. Doesn't mean failure or that you aren't committed, so the only thing to do is make better choices today. I believe in you and you'll do this.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options
    Don't consider it "falling off the wagon" but a day you made bad choices. You'll make better choices today. We're not perfect, so sometimes it just happens. Doesn't mean failure or that you aren't committed, so the only thing to do is make better choices today. I believe in you and you'll do this.

Or even just a day where you made some choices that that didn't support your weight loss goals. And that's OK. You get to decide when other values (e.g., participating in celebrations, socializing with friends and families, accepting that life occasionally puts you in a situation where optimizing your food choices just isn't going to happen and you have to make the best of it) take precedence over the weight loss goal. Just don't lose sight of the fact that your weight loss goal is one of your important values, and sometimes it will take precedence over eating the celebratory food or the food everybody else is eating at the social event, or over the convenience of just eating what's available instead of taking the time to plan and figure out other options.
  • bunnyluv19
    bunnyluv19 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Once at the beginning of when I started losing(now in maintenance) I stood in the kitchen one night and ate 12 fudgee o’ cookies -an extra 720 calories for the week-I lowered calories(50-75) on other days that week and did some walks-I just kept on going and it didn’t make a real impact.After that incident :blush: I did start including a couple cookies or a piece of chocolate everyday to my plan- and it hasn’t happened again since.
  • SpunkyJK9293
    SpunkyJK9293 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone, please add me as your friend. I love this board.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Ok, yeah you kind of screwed up but you owned it, learned from it, and moved on. You should be proud.

Psssst, we all screw up periodically. You are not alone.