Weight Watcher Members?

Options

Replies

• LoveMusic4Life
    LoveMusic4Life Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Debala63 wrote: »
    I double log, in WW and in MFP. Well really, I triple log, as I also use LoseIt! and have done so for years. I like certain things about LoseIt and certain things about MFP. As to WW, I love my meeting so I stick with that also. I put more stock into the calories than I do the points, because I've been out of points and still need to eat approximately 600 calories to even be near my calorie goal. The weight I log into MFP & LI is my home scale. The weight in WW is their scale, as there is about a 2 pound difference.

That actually makes sence, because i weighed 2lb lighter at home and by the time i walked to the group and was weighed i was 2lb heaver than i was when i left home lol, needles to say i was slightly gutted.

• shortnsassy422
    shortnsassy422 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've been a Weight Watcher's member since April 4th of this year. I'm cutting back on finances, so leaving WW & coming here.
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    So I had a .2 loss this week according to my scale at home But at WW meeting I was up .4.
    I'm not comparing my scale to WW scale, but what my scale weighed a week ago vs this week.
    I didn't track Tuesday (it's kinda my free day) but every day this week I was between 1000 and 1400 calories. Getting frustrated. Not sure what to do from here.
  • Deeptisingh
    Deeptisingh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Anyone out there going to Weight Watchers but tracking calories with MFP?

I've just come back to MFP. I've been a member of Weight Watchers for a couple years now. Before joining WW, I lost about 50#s on a 1200-1300 calorie diet and tracking with MFP.

Since joining WW I've been struggling to lose any more weight tho I am tracking pretty consistently. I just think the Point system isn't specific enough. Its too easy to over or even under eat using points depending on your food choices. I understand the purpose is to steer people to better choices such as fruit, veggies and lean meat. However, I've been a dieter for many, many years and know what healthy eating looks like. For me I think it's more important to have a detailed account of what I'm eating using calories and macros.

Would love to connect with anyone doing WW. I'm going to stay a member because I know I need the support group and accountability of weekly meetings.

I was on it and believe me as a vegetarian I could not use WW to loose weight. Just wasted a lot of money.
    Here I can go on different diets and check my macros and I started looking weight.
    Of course we need to workout and create calorie deficit.

So I was on the wagon...But I jumped off.
  • Deeptisingh
    Deeptisingh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    ....And oh we can stay in touch and report our weight loss.
  • PamEllaHasGoals
    PamEllaHasGoals Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    cmdmedia wrote: »
    To be honest i didn't, i just typed in the food i was going to eat on MFP, Fitbit, and WW, and all are in within my 1200 cals a day thats including my breakfast too, but when i type it into WW it puts me way over that intake, its very strange how it works and still trying to workout how the points system works.

But i think counting cals is a little bit better for me because otherwise i would hardly eat anything, plus i work out everyday so i burn a lot of it off anyways. I would be happy to learn more about the points though then at least i would be able to understand them a lot better!

Well, the general rule of thumb was that 50 calories roughly equalled a point. But I did find that ww seems to penalize foods they deem unhealthy. They seemed to be more than the calories. Yellow cheese for example, I found varied in points, but not in calories per slice.

cmdmedia.....
    I think your right. The point system is does not seemed to be based on just calories, fat, & protein any more. It's like I get punished for eating something "unhealthy" even if it's just a very small amount. I think things with sugar & carbs really have high points.
  • trich97
    trich97 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am doing WW Points Plus and tracking calories with MFP. Most days my 26 WW points and the 1200 MFP calories are almost the same, give or take a few calories. I've lost 40lbs since April so it seems to be working for me.
  • rsj7799
    rsj7799 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    cmdmedia wrote: »
    To be honest i didn't, i just typed in the food i was going to eat on MFP, Fitbit, and WW, and all are in within my 1200 cals a day thats including my breakfast too, but when i type it into WW it puts me way over that intake, its very strange how it works and still trying to workout how the points system works.

But i think counting cals is a little bit better for me because otherwise i would hardly eat anything, plus i work out everyday so i burn a lot of it off anyways. I would be happy to learn more about the points though then at least i would be able to understand them a lot better!

Well, the general rule of thumb was that 50 calories roughly equalled a point. But I did find that ww seems to penalize foods they deem unhealthy. They seemed to be more than the calories. Yellow cheese for example, I found varied in points, but not in calories per slice.

cmdmedia.....
    I think your right. The point system is does not seemed to be based on just calories, fat, & protein any more. It's like I get punished for eating something "unhealthy" even if it's just a very small amount. I think things with sugar & carbs really have high points.

Points go up for sugar and saturated fats, go down for protein.
  • adpenland
    adpenland Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I joined Weight Watchers April 2017 and lost over 30lbs the first 6 months but it slowed them stopped the next 6 months. I think I lost only 5lbs over the second 6 month period. I chatted with online staff, talked to my leader, talked to my doctor, got bloodwork, had them review my food diary with mostly blue dots, and my fitness log which was 60 fit points per week. Was told to cut down 0 point foods to maybe 2 servings per day. I tried eating my weeklies but started to gain. With MFP it comes up with about 1200 calories per day. Not sure what else to do but keep going on. Having hard time justifying the cost though if it’s no longer working,
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    I've been a member of WW for almost 2 years. I love my meetings, the weekly accountability, and I really think the plan has made me a much healthier eater. However, I came to MFP because Freestyle isn't accurate enough for me. WW tells you to eat until satisfied on 0 point foods. That is all well and good unless you have food dependency issues like I've had my whole life. Also eating until satisfied is highly subjective to my mood and what I'm currently eating. Soooo, I've been double tracking and it's amazing that I have seen a 500 calorie difference using the same 24 daily points. That was a huge eyeopener for me and since joining MFP, I'm back to losing. B)

There is a WW support group over in the motivation and support forum if you are interested. We are just a group of girls that are sharing life together. :)
  • jacq0220
    jacq0220 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm a long time WW and in 2011 met my Lifetime goal. Honestly, I under ate....a lot. Some days only clocking in half of my points. I exercised so much it took over my life. By 2016 and I had regained and began WW again. Since October 16, I lost 20 lbs on WW. Over the last year I've lost 5 pounds, so I really need to get on track lose 50 pounds and maybe take a different approach. I plan on focusing on the 1200 calories, and monitoring the protein/fat/carb ratio. Focusing on the zero point food lists when possible. Im looking to motivate each other as I've dropped my WW membership.
    Nice to Meet you!
    Jacq
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm Lifetime WW, still go to weekly meetings and weigh in monthly, but I track calories and macros here and do not track points. Down a total of 97-100 depending on the day.
  • gwendyprism
    Options
    Just an example from my life of calories VS points. Yesterday I ate 1159 calories but WW points were 35! Way over the 23 points I'm allowed. Just a couple food choices (in this case Nature Valley Granola Peanut Butter Cups) can make points wildly different than actual calories consumed.
    Those granola cups may not be the best choice but it's not like I was eating cake and potato chips either.

I'm sticking with WW for the meetings but I think calorie counting works better for me.
  • karikrolik
    karikrolik Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I did WW for years. I quit when they tried to get too "trendy" and I could not care less about what celebrity is using WW. I lost 28 pounds on WW. Since quitting, I have continued to lose weight with MFP.

I still track my points though, in addition to using MFP. What I have noticed is then when I have "gone over" my WW points, I am significantly below daily MFP target. I do find leaving WW behind a bit liberating, as I did think my food choices became too restrictive on WW due to the point values given. Nevertheless, I feel like calculating the points does continue to help keep me accountable. And, it is much easier to remember my point balance on the fly then how many calories I have left for the day.
  • gwendyprism
    Options
    karikrolik wrote: »
    I did WW for years. I quit when they tried to get too "trendy" and I could not care less about what celebrity is using WW. I lost 28 pounds on WW. Since quitting, I have continued to lose weight with MFP.

I still track my points though, in addition to using MFP. What I have noticed is then when I have "gone over" my WW points, I am significantly below daily MFP target. I do find leaving WW behind a bit liberating, as I did think my food choices became too restrictive on WW due to the point values given. Nevertheless, I feel like calculating the points does continue to help keep me accountable. And, it is much easier to remember my point balance on the fly then how many calories I have left for the day.

I agree about Oprah. Having her name attached does nothing to inspire me. Luckily in my meeting at least, she is never mentioned. With WW so much depends on having a good leader and group, which I have now. But I've been to other meetings that were like a very dry class and no one shared.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

I agree about Oprah. Having her name attached does nothing to inspire me. Luckily in my meeting at least, she is never mentioned. With WW so much depends on having a good leader and group, which I have now. But I've been to other meetings that were like a very dry class and no one shared.

My meeting and the leader is one of the biggest reasons I don't want to give up WW. We have a great group of people who are super supportive. We also have several lifetime members who come almost every week and we always get a lot of great advice from them. We never mention Oprah. She is just a shareholder and one of the faces for the company.

• Inspiration15
    Inspiration15 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    adpenland wrote: »
    I joined Weight Watchers April 2017 and lost over 30lbs the first 6 months but it slowed them stopped the next 6 months. I think I lost only 5lbs over the second 6 month period. I chatted with online staff, talked to my leader, talked to my doctor, got bloodwork, had them review my food diary with mostly blue dots, and my fitness log which was 60 fit points per week. Was told to cut down 0 point foods to maybe 2 servings per day. I tried eating my weeklies but started to gain. With MFP it comes up with about 1200 calories per day. Not sure what else to do but keep going on. Having hard time justifying the cost though if it’s no longer working,

I stopped ww. Too expensive and those 0 point foods weren’t for me. I need to eat 1200-1250 a day to lose weight super slow. And 1300 a day to maintain.
  • tibby1971
    tibby1971 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I did WW years ago and lost 30lbs and hit my goal. Then I got pregnant 😂😂

Tried it again and lost some.

Tried it last year and didn’t lose a pound on the new system. Started tracking with both WW app and MFP. I was hitting my calorie goal on MFP before I hit my point limit for the day.

Even exercising I wasn’t losing on WW this time. I dropped the membership and I am just doing MFP.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    I joined WW in 2013 @376#. Made GW 184 and Lifetime 2018.

When WW closed community bulletin boards (2015?) WW group of GoaDs (Guys on a Diet) moved to MFP.
    We have men and women GoaD that use WW, and/or MFP. We have a small group and welcome Newbies to join us.

Search GOAD on MFP.
  • christel2
    christel2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started WW was attending meetings for three months accountably was a working , but since I was so used to counting my calories with MFP and my husband was making the food it was hard to tell what was in a meal he was making , now that he started WW ,I’ve been eating what he counts low points to even zero point foods and he already lost 15 lbs since 2 August , he basically stopped eating as much bread stayed away from ice cream foucused in what he could eat which was zero points fruits and vegetables and eggs chicken less red meat, Ive started to eat some of his meals now and lost 3 lbs this month. When I wa in WW I couldn’t wrap myself around the point system since when I put it in MFP it was lower than 1200 calories and nutritionally sound accord Ung to MFC MACROS , so you have to yes either or points or calorie counting