Low carb not working?

Options
Is there anyone who low-carb doesn't work for?

It seems to give me a bad sweet tooth. And carb cravings.

Anyone else like this?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    You're not losing weight? I'd say you're not eating at a deficit then. If it makes you crave junk food, maybe it's not for you?
    I know for me "carbs beget carbs". Sweets and processed carbs make me crave sweets and processed carbs. I'm an out of system out of mind person. Maybe you're better as a moderator?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Some people find it isn't right for them. You may well be one of those people.

Did you increase your sodium when you lowered carbs? If not, that can cause an electrolyte imbalance which can feel like hunger in some people (headache, fatigue, moodiness, muscle weakness, brain fog in others). If not, you could try increasing salt or just increase your carbs if you don't need them lower for a medical reason.

Good luck.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What do you mean with "not work"? And "low carb"?

Just the idea of limiting calories, can feel restrictive.
    But to lose weight, you have to be in a calorie deficit.
    Pick a diet that is as easy as possible to stick to.
  • katanlinhouse
    katanlinhouse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    In the beginning, I totally missed pasta something fierce and also craved carbs. But I'm sticking to counting carbs and make a conscious decision to maintain keto. I still REALLY miss pasta, but it's a mind crave, not a physical one. I get around that by reminding myself that I can eat whatever the heck I want to, I just CHOOSE not to. Keeps me from feeling deprived.
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    The first time I did low carb, I craved carbs for the first week, at least. More importantly, I found that if I gave into the craving, the craving was worse. It was hard to stop at just one serving and the carb cravings were worse the next day! Interestingly, I find that sugar is easier for me to eat in moderation but that bread is a definite carb trigger food!
  • acinorev0421
    acinorev0421 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere it takes about 20 days to “reset” your body im currently doing Keto and so far I have kicked the bread and pasta cravings! I did CRAVE a brownie and I happened to find one at Lassens that fit my new Keto lifestyle it so happened that all it took was a little teeny square to satisfy what I thought was a huge craving, the sugars I get are from berries or even organic stevia for my coffee but other than that im good so hang in there for those first couple of weeks
  • loserlee123
    loserlee123 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Its all in how you look at it. Yes you may have to give up pasta and French fries for the most part but there are so many great healthy alternatives. Its not easy to fit in a burger and fries in 1200 calories either. I am doing low carb and love my burgers with a Portobello mushroom as the bun with some roasted broccoli or scrambled eggs with bacon or crustless quiche. Low carb desserts. Pinterest and youtube are great resources for keto or low carb living.
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone who low-carb doesn't work for?

It seems to give me a bad sweet tooth. And carb cravings.

Anyone else like this?

Low carb or Keto worked for me for the first two years and then I stalled and then gained a little weight back. So I continued low carb and started weighing all food, logging and exercising. This got me going again and I have consistently dropped weight for six months straight.

So yes it worked for me but only if I control the calories coming in through measuring and logging.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I would never do low carb. That's no way to live. Sounds horrible.

I get it if you don't want to try it or don't like the thought of no carbs or very limited carbs. No one here is determined to make you try it. For me I have found it the easiest and most comfortable way to lose weight. I plan on eating this way even after I lose a few more pounds.

I never said anyone was determined to make me try it, I was just responding to the OP...
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Keto/low carb works for me not just for weight loss (bonus) but for pain and inflammation. I have not gotten any steroid shots in my knee since starting this way of eating. Just for that I will never go back to eating unhealthy carbs and sugar.