Strain In Groin Area

Options
I was doing an ab workout today with my trainer which involved having my legs in the air and bringing my knees to my chest and back out. Now my groin area is somewhat painful when I move around. I know I should have just stopped doing the exercise when it started to hurt. Everything I read on google says it takes around two to three weeks before you start to feel better. I just started this workout program and I am really hoping it won't take that long. Do these types of minor strains ever get better within a few days to a week?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    It's probably just a sore psoas, or hip flexor muscle. Ice it, rest it, stretch when you feel a little better. If it's just sore you should be ok in a couple days. If you actually have a strain or tear, maybe a few weeks.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Minor strains and even more of the major type tears repaired fairly quick if trained through them at the appropriate stress. Personally, minor ones I wouldn't feel in a day or two and major ones only 1-2 weeks tops. The key is to strength train at the level where the pain is getting better not worse. If you cant do a main lift with good form, than maybe find as variation that you feel comfortable.

Ice is ill advised since it restricts blood flow and slows healing.

Talk to your trainer and see what variations you can perform that is comfortable for you.