Picky eater!

Options
0nCloud9
0nCloud9 Posts: 2 Member
I’m new to this. I’m very picky.. but desperate to lose weight. I have no clue what I’m doing. Just wanted some different ideas on easy healthy meals for picky eaters of course lol. Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Other people can't decide what you'll like to eat. Losing weight requires that you eat fewer calories than your body uses, not that you eat specific foods.

Don't try to change too much at once or you are likely to burn yourself out and quit. Start by logging what you eat right now for a week or two to gather some data. After that, look back through to see where you might reduce portions for calorie-dense foods and/or make satisfying substitutions in order to get your calorie intake down to where you want it to be.

After you get comfortable doing that, you can expand into changing what you eat in addition to how much if you wish to do so.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how you expect other people to suggest meals when you say you are a picky eater but don't explain what that means to you.

To lose weight you need to eat the foods you like to eat in amounts that get you to your calorie goal for weight loss. If you explain why you're picky, perhaps people can recommend ways to introduce new foods in to your diet.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    What in the world do you mean by picky eater?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    Options
    The good thing is that weight loss comes from having a calorie deficit not the type of food you eat. So you figure out how many calories for you to lose weight by telling MFP your information. Then eat what you like up to tgat amount of calories and log as accurately as you can.
    Start reading the stickied posts in the forums.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads#latest
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    What are you picky about? Please post and I'll see if I have any ideas for you.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    buy only stuff you hate eating. lose weight and get over a complex at the same time. win win
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Considering we don't know what you like or don't like, every picker eater is different, then you need to go to a recipe website and input ingredients you DO like and get recipes back. Allrecipes.com is great for that.
    Only eat what you like, as others have said, and measure/weigh everything and be honest with what you are eating. CICO works!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Lol but you didn't say what it is you're picky about? What don't like you like eating? My advice is to just start logging your food whatever you normally eat, and see where that gets you. You may go over your calorie goal for a while but you will start to see trends, and what types of things you're eating that are busting your calorie goal, things that you can reduce or substitute. Eating a big portion of veggies with my dinner helps a lot. They fill me up and are low in calories. For example last night i made chicken fettucini alfredo which is a really high calorie meal. But instead of giving myself a plate sized portion of pasta, I just gave myself a third of that and then filled the rest of my plate with roasted vegetables.

Good luck.