Sooo tired???!!

Options
Hello:)

The first couple weeks I did my insanity workout i felt like I had so much more energy than normally, but the last couple days I've just been pooped. Still eating the same things I was before (or at least I think so), but I just don't have energy! I do still do my workout at night, but it takes me soo much to pull myself through it that I'm already looking up against the next day! Have been going earlier to bed, but that still doesn't seem to help! I am wondering if I should eat something different or take some kind of supplement that'll give me more energy? I love working out and was doing soo good, don't want to slack off now! Please help :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Late workouts may interfere with sleep. You may try to switch up when you do your workout and see if it helps. You may have also decreased your carbs too low or need extra iron.
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I workout later at night, between 9 and 10 but go straight to sleep after, so I feel like it makes me sleep better actually! I work fulltime so can't do it any other time of the day, so changing the schedule is not an option :(
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

The first couple weeks I did my insanity workout i felt like I had so much more energy than normally, but the last couple days I've just been pooped. Still eating the same things I was before (or at least I think so), but I just don't have energy! I do still do my workout at night, but it takes me soo much to pull myself through it that I'm already looking up against the next day! Have been going earlier to bed, but that still doesn't seem to help! I am wondering if I should eat something different or take some kind of supplement that'll give me more energy? I love working out and was doing soo good, don't want to slack off now! Please help :flowerforyou:

How many calories are you eating? You said you think you're the same as before. Were you doing a different intense program before or just added the program but didn't increase calories to compensate?
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options

T

How many calories are you eating? You said you think you're the same as before. Were you doing a different intense program before or just added the program but didn't increase calories to compensate?

This. Also open your diary so we can see what you are eating and maybe be able to offer better advice.
  • hopefaithlove24
    Options
    My base is 1200 and then I eat back my exercise calories! so in the end of the day I eat 1600-1800 most of the time... By before I mean the last three weeks when I had lots of energy! I have been doing insanity for about 3-4 weeks now, and the first 3 weeks I had great energy! I'm not eating any different than I was those three weeks that I felt great:)

Thanks for the replies btw:)
  • hopefaithlove24
    Options

My dairy is open?
    T

This. Also open your diary so we can see what you are eating and maybe be able to offer better advice.

My dairy is open?
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I get up earlier and get my workout in before I go to work. I feel better. When I workout late in the day I am usually spent when I get up in the morning. A good workout in the morning gets my heart pumping and get me started for the day.
  • hopefaithlove24
    Options
    Sorry it was only open to friends:) public now!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Are you taking any rest days? Maybe take 1-2 days a week off from Insanity and just take a brisk walk or bike ride to burn some calories but not as intense as the Insanity workout. It might also be just the time of month and you may feel better once it's past. I usually have less energy the week prior to my period.
  • hopefaithlove24
    Options
    I get up earlier and get my workout in before I go to work. I feel better. When I workout late in the day I am usually spent when I get up in the morning. A good workout in the morning gets my heart pumping and get me started for the day.

Ya that's not an option for me though, as our house isn't very sound proof, so I will wake up my husband, who needs his sleep as much as he can! My only option is to work out at night :grumble:
  • hopefaithlove24
    Options
    Are you taking any rest days? Maybe take 1-2 days a week off from Insanity and just take a brisk walk or bike ride to burn some calories but not as intense as the Insanity workout. It might also be just the time of month and you may feel better once it's past. I usually have less energy the week prior to my period.

Yes I do take tooo many rest days lol, I only do insanity about 4 times a week, on Sunday I don't do any exercise, and my other rest days are very light exercise
  • reneeisnowhere
    Options
    I looked at your diary. I had the same issue with workout exhaustion. Turns out I was severely deficient in Vitamin D and dehydrated! (I went to the doc and did blood tests) . If you are really concerned and haven't been to the doctor in awhile, I recommend going. Also, the easiest thing to do next is up your water. It doesn't look like you upped water intake with the increase in activity.
  • Bambalina_1
    Bambalina_1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I know this might sound crazy but the week I'm due my monthly cycle I get crazy tired no matter what I do (like want to fall asleep in the afternoon tired...) You mentioned this is week 4... Just wondering :0)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary (I only went back about 2 weeks) there are a few days you're eating your exercise calories but most days you're not. I think 1200 as a baseline is probably too low for you to start with then you add in exercise. The goal is to eat as close to your daily allowance as possible, I saw quite a few days that you were quite a bit under. Probably why you're so tired. Your body needs fuel. MFP has a deficit all ready built in to lose weight without exercise. You exercise and make that deficit bigger, which usually ends up being more detrimental than helpful.
  • Bambalina_1
    Bambalina_1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Oh and the reason I've noticed thus tiredness is because I'm calorie counting and can't really shove a few chocolate bars down my throat anymore which made me think I used to get through it because I was on a sugar and caffeine high :0)
  • hopefaithlove24
    Options
    I know this might sound crazy but the week I'm due my monthly cycle I get crazy tired no matter what I do (like want to fall asleep in the afternoon tired...) You mentioned this is week 4... Just wondering :0)

Ya i had it once already, and felt fine then, but I'm due to get it next week I think, so that might be a reason, never really noticed it this bad!
  • hopefaithlove24
    Options
    Oh and the reason I've noticed thus tiredness is because I'm calorie counting and can't really shove a few chocolate bars down my throat anymore which made me think I used to get through it because I was on a sugar and caffeine high :0)

haha i can so relate to this lol, I want to eat candies!!!!!
  • hopefaithlove24
    Options
    Looking at your diary (I only went back about 2 weeks) there are a few days you're eating your exercise calories but most days you're not. I think 1200 as a baseline is probably too low for you to start with then you add in exercise. The goal is to eat as close to your daily allowance as possible, I saw quite a few days that you were quite a bit under. Probably why you're so tired. Your body needs fuel. MFP has a deficit all ready built in to lose weight without exercise. You exercise and make that deficit bigger, which usually ends up being more detrimental than helpful.

Hmm maybe I should be eating more than! i have the feeling that I actually overeat quite a bit of days... instead of undereat! But maybe you're right,, I'd love to up my calorie intake a little bit as I'm quite hungry sometimes,I find it hard to eat foods that are filling... and low in calories
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Your diary shows too many processed foods, not enough real foods like fruits, vegetables and lean meat, whole grains and dairy. The more simple carbs you eat the more tired you will feel. They cause a crash after an hour or so.
  • hopefaithlove24
    Options
    Your diary shows too many processed foods, not enough real foods like fruits, vegetables and lean meat, whole grains and dairy. The more simple carbs you eat the more tired you will feel. They cause a crash after an hour or so.

Not really sure what you mean by that?! I have my milk in the morning, whole wheat bread in the afternoon, at least 1 fruit as a snack, sometimes 2, and my meats at night, mostly chicken which is considered lean meat, and sometimes a salad, which is considered veggie?