Weekend indulge

Options
If you know your going to indulge on a weekend, do you cut a little more calories from the week? Bank them?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Yup. I typically bank them for the weekend. You can also be more active on weekends or during the week, take them away from next week, or just accept a smaller loss that week.
  • mom22lappys1
    mom22lappys1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    So how much do you try and bank? Seems hard to do unless your on WW, and using points
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    It depends on how many calories you have I suppose. If you are at the bare minimum trying to lose the most then yea you probably won't be able to do that. If you are more reasonable with your deficit then it's pretty easy. For example if I am trying to lose at 1800cals (pretty aggressive deficit for me but I'll use it as an example) , then you can eat a bit less, 300 cals per day so 1500 which gives you an extra 1500 cals to play with on the weekend.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    So how much do you try and bank? Seems hard to do unless your on WW, and using points

I aim for 100- 200 Monday to Thursday , that plus my long run calories pretty much covers a restaurant meal and some booze!
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I don’t eat back my exercise calories during the week. It’s about 300 calories a day so I have about 1500 calories extra by the weekend. I get a little spike in weight on Mondays which was disconcerting at first but I’m back on track within a day or two so I’ve learned not to sweat what the scale says first day of the week.
  • Wendyanneroberts
    Wendyanneroberts Posts: 270 Member
    Options

As others have said, I also bank calories. Instead of "saving points", as you mentioned at WW. I look at my calorie target for the week, eg; on 1,570 calories per day x 7 days = 10,990 calories for the week. Then I can vary my calorie intake, on different days, as & when needed. As long as I hit my allowance for the week, then I'm on track.
  • mom22lappys1
    mom22lappys1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    How do you count that on here without being over or short?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    How do you count that on here without being over or short?
    I look at weekly totals instead of daily, using the app and clicking “nutrition” there is a choice to change from daily view to week view.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    You will show as under/over on each specific day. You just have to do the math yourself. Like I had 100 calories remaining M-F, so that means I can go over by 500 on Saturday (for example)
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I find it easier just to stay on my eating plan all the time. I figure I am teaching myself a new way of eating, so no matter what I do, I fit it into my calorie allotment. I understand that this might be harder for people that enjoy a drink or two on the weekends. I don't drink, so that isn't an issue for me.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,039 Member
    Options
    I exercise more on the weekend.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    I adjust preemptively or retrospectively. If I know I have an event coming up, I'll take a few calories off in the days leading up to it so I have enough in the bank to enjoy myself. If I indulge on a particular day, I'll spend the next few days adjusting my meal plan (removing one or two things a day) until I have made up for the excess calories.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Yep, banking works perfectly. For me even in maintenance I average 1700 cals weekdays so I can enjoy around 2200 cals on Saturdays and Sundays.
  • rikkejohnsenrij
    rikkejohnsenrij Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I bank calories naturally, as I do sort of 5:2...so monday and wednesday I have about 800 calories extra, and I exercise a lot most thursdays so I also have a lot extra calories from that