Freezing all day

Options
You might have a balmy summer in the Northern Hemisphere - but here, in Cape Town it is freezing cold - at least for those, who live here. Usually winters are 15 C, but currently we have snow on the mountains and during the night it is close to 0 C. I am watching my calories (150 kg, 330 pounds - averaging 1750 calories a day, 30 % carbs, 35 % fat, 35 % protein) and my fingers, hands, feet are freezing cold all day and half the night. And I do exercise - as much as I can do with my extra weight just to warm up - but then I get really hungry. A "cup of hot vegetable soup" is not what my body demands any longer - it wants food, proper food: thick steaks, (nothing wrong with that), any other protein, huge door steps of bread and any other starch. I have been doing so well over the last 5 months, lost about 20 kg (45 pounds) so far, but that cold is killing me. I grew up in Austria, so I know how "cold" feels and never had a problem with it. But this time around....Do I need to walk around with a hot water bottle on my back? Looking forward to your happy advice.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    You might have a balmy summer in the Northern Hemisphere - but here, in Cape Town it is freezing cold - at least for those, who live here. Usually winters are 15 C, but currently we have snow on the mountains and during the night it is close to 0 C. I am watching my calories (150 kg, 330 pounds - averaging 1750 calories a day, 30 % carbs, 35 % fat, 35 % protein) and my fingers, hands, feet are freezing cold all day and half the night. And I do exercise - as much as I can do with my extra weight just to warm up - but then I get really hungry. A "cup of hot vegetable soup" is not what my body demands any longer - it wants food, proper food: thick steaks, (nothing wrong with that), any other protein, huge door steps of bread and any other starch. I have been doing so well over the last 5 months, lost about 20 kg (45 pounds) so far, but that cold is killing me. I grew up in Austria, so I know how "cold" feels and never had a problem with it. But this time around....Do I need to walk around with a hot water bottle on my back? Looking forward to your happy advice.

What percentage of the calories you earned from exercise are you eating back? If none, you're undereating, and that's why you're cold. You've got more than 100 pounds on me and I couldn't survive on 1750 calories gross. (Net calories = Gross calories - Exercise calories.)

I don't like dry, indoor winter air, so set the temperature as low as I can without my OH kicking up a fuss. I stay warm by bundling up, drinking hot tea all day long, and wearing wool socks, cotton socks, and SOREL Manawan Slippers. I started saving $50 a month on my heating bill after I first bought them.

81%2BQPhVJ7AL._UX395_.jpg