Give me your best "excuse busters" (How do you push through the excuses to not workout?)

Options
2»

Replies

• JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Like a previous poster said, find something you love to do. For me, it's 9Round (kickboxing exercise workout). I can't wait to go back. I'm there at least 8-9 times a normal week. 35 minutes a workout, and a new workout starts every 3 minutes, so there's hardly ever a wait & you never have to worry about being late. It's hard, but it's fast paced, fun & quite therapeutic.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    No excuses, just do it - I've been working out at least 5 days a week for the last 6 years without fail. Its become a habit which I never think of not doing, would feel strange to not to. Ok so some days I'm feeling bleh or tired but I just get on with it, 30-40 mins out of my day is not much to push myself to complete. In the beginning I committed to doing it for 30 days, on some of those days I didn't want to do it but I so much wanted to finish out the 30 days. The habit stuck.
  • shelbycolada
    shelbycolada Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for everyones response! I had no idea about the "5 minute" bargain concept but it's really genius especially because I never regret doing a workout, it's just getting to the gym that's the hardest part! You all are so inspiring!
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Doing anything workout beyond your fitness level will make you feel that way.