To eat or not to eat?? BAD DAY!

Options
To eat or not to eat: Philly Cheesesteak Sandwhich and Fries... I'm having a rough day. :grumble: Feeling the need for something greasy.

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Do it, but eat half--- and log it! Gotta allow urself "normal" food. And also, don't just eat because of stress. Eat it if you're actually hungry....
  • tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! Stay strong! Or make someone else get one and just have a bite. That's my favorite trick :wink:
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    DO IT if you need to. But Just have half :)
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the posts - eat it, but have a smaller portion. Philly Cheesesteaks, depending where you get them, aren't necessarily all that bad. Just make sure you log it. Maybe do a little extra exercise, get some endorphins to help with your bad day. :flowerforyou:
  • victorianjewel
    Options
    I agree! Have a half or even or quarter of it. If you deny yourself your craving, you might end up binging and undoing all of the work you have done so far.

Remember - everything in moderation, even moderation.

Cheers
    Emme

Hope this helps :flowerforyou:
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    DON"T.....simply because you had a bad day...you dont' want to train your brain or body that bad days = greasy bad for you food.

You do need to eat something "normal" on occassion- but not because you have a bad day its not a good habit to get into.
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    DON'T DO IT!!!!

I lived in Philly for 4 months during college and gained 15 lbs. thanks to cheesesteaks! 3 years later I'm still working them off!
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Try and see if it's because of your day or if you really crave it. Try going out and doing something for about 20min. If you're at work, walk to another part of the building. Just do something to get your mind off it. If you can't, then have half now and save the other half for later, like tomorrow. Log it and see where you're at. Maybe do any extra workout or make the nutrition up at dinner :)
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Get the chicken Philly and eat half. If you think about eating the other half . . .put it in your back pocket instead. That is where it will go if you eat it.
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    Thanks guys. Lunch is in 1 HOUR and 7 MINUTES! I'm definately going to try to fight the cravings ... Wish me luck :wink:
  • Raina0512
    Options
    Get the chicken Philly and eat half. If you think about eating the other half . . .put it in your back pocket instead. That is where it will go if you eat it.

LMAO! :laugh: Love it!
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    with all due respect.... where the heck you getting a philly cheese steak in MO?
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    oops double post...
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Man, if I ate that crap I'd be in the ladies room all afternoon!
    I think that would send my system into shock!
    DONT DO IT!
    LOL.
  • Raina0512
    Options
    Hahah :) The hospital where I work makes them on Thursdays (I've only had one in the past and have done great resisting) and they are AMAZING!

Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
    Grilled Shaved Beef with Onions, Peppers an Provolone Cheese on a Sub Roll
    $3.50
    Serving: 1 Sandwich KCal: 440, Fat: 21.4g (44% Cal), SatFat: 9.7g, TransFat: 0g,
    Chol: 60mg, Sodium: 836mg, Carbs: 37.4g, Sugars: 4.8g, Protein: 25.4g, Fiber: 2.3g
    Contains milk, wheat, soy beans

Terrible??
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    that is not as bad as a philly cheese steak from philly!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Hahah :) The hospital where I work makes them on Thursdays (I've only had one in the past and have done great resisting) and they are AMAZING!

Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
    Grilled Shaved Beef with Onions, Peppers an Provolone Cheese on a Sub Roll
    $3.50
    Serving: 1 Sandwich KCal: 440, Fat: 21.4g (44% Cal), SatFat: 9.7g, TransFat: 0g,
    Chol: 60mg, Sodium: 836mg, Carbs: 37.4g, Sugars: 4.8g, Protein: 25.4g, Fiber: 2.3g
    Contains milk, wheat, soy beans

Terrible??

its 44% YEAH thats terriable!!!! LOL
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    mmmmmm philly. Eat half and skip the fries.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    DON"T.....simply because you had a bad day...you dont' want to train your brain or body that bad days = greasy bad for you food.

You do need to eat something "normal" on occassion- but not because you have a bad day its not a good habit to get into.

I agree with this. I say don't just because you wanna do it because you are having a bad day. It's great to have those kind of days where you give into your craveings but not because you are having a bad day. Because you deserve it. Or because you want it that bad. Good luck!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Go for it! Is it the BEST thing to eat? No. But, hell, if you are craving it, why not?

440 cals isn't bad and 21g fat seems like a lot... But, so is 2tbl of Peanut Butter.

Try not to eat the entire thing and just eat a few fries. Maybe throw down a little side, green salad before you eat the sandwich to fill up a bit.