Motivated

Options
I bought this book and I couldn’t be happier. It is honestly helping me realize just how important it is to remind ourselves that we need to talk ourselves up. Our mind and the language we use with ourselves is so important, we need to stay positive with ourselves in order to get positive results! I highly suggest getting this book 📚😊

Replies

• belladamjc
    belladamjc Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm English and we're generally not into the positivity approach and I'm probably alone in this, but I actually find negative emotions far more productive. The harder I am on myself and the more loathing/anger I can generate, the more aggression I can garner to push my motivation levels, either to force myself to get off my butt and do something, to resist urges or to push myself that bit further in any workout etc. For me, positivity leads to complacency and stagnation.

I'm not trying to put a dampener on your approach, because at the end of the day, whatever works for you is the best approach! :)
  • resale3108
    resale3108 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    kybakes96 wrote: »
    I bought this book and I couldn’t be happier. It is honestly helping me realize just how important it is to remind ourselves that we need to talk ourselves up. Our mind and the language we use with ourselves is so important, we need to stay positive with ourselves in order to get positive results! I highly suggest getting this book 📚😊

Good on ya!! Whatever works for you is the best! But, belladamljc, i will see your English pessimism and raise it with pure Scots Calvinism with accompanying hell fire and damnation to anyone who tries to better themselves or steps out of line!

Bloodymindedness is a personal thing - just make it work!