Replies

• Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options

Hey, my diary is open and I support my friends, you're welcome to add me
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You need to understand that no foods are in themselves good or bad, anything you like can be eaten in moderation. A healthy diet is enough of all you need short term, and not too many calories long term. This means that you don't need support, nor other people's diaries. (Friends are good, though.)
  • intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Foods aren't necessarily good or bad, though some are definitely better than others. Sure you could lose weight eating 1400 calories worth of KitKats and ice cream, but is that reeeaally doing anything for your overall health? Doubt it.

You could start out eating what you normally do even if it is "bad" food (candy, McDonald's, etc), and you'll quickly learn that the "good" stuff (lean proteins, veggies, fruits, etc) is naturally what will fit in with your calorie goals consistently and keep you full while you're losing weight.

Eat what you want, be reasonable. Anyway, add me if you'd like. My diary is open! I look for friends with theirs open as well for meal ideas.
  • lantana411
    lantana411 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Loved what intrigame23 wrote - and adding that you ask your doctor OR a registered dietitian (not a nutritionist because anyone can say they're a nutritionist) about the food you should eat. My doctor told me to target 40% protein, 30% fat and 30% carbs on my 1200 calorie daily food plan. I don't exceed my daily calorie goal and I eat 3 meals and most days a chocolate protein drink too. I choose low fat proteins like fish and chicken and always have produce. I go out to eat and enjoy my meals. Today I lost my 80th pound and I'm thrilled! You can achieve your weight loss/health goals by making smart choices...regardless of what the next person eats!
  • MiaisMIAinMiami
    MiaisMIAinMiami Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I cook at least dinner most days. I save what I made as recipes (weighing how much of each thing I put in) and then weigh out portions, since I’m cooking for me and my husband (and sometimes leftovers for lunch), but I’d be happy to share anything that piques your interest.
  • ohcobblers
    ohcobblers Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello Tokyo Kitty. My diary is open. Friend Request sent.
  • makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, but i eat the same things almost religiously... its just my opinion but i think my body digests food better if it's well accustomed to it. That being said i eat the same things over and over throughout the week. Spring mix 1 entire plate topped with 3 table spoons of salsa. 2 large eggs coocked over 1 teaspoon of olive oil and topped with 2 table spoons of salsa. A steak 4oz (pork or beef) doesn't matter no seasonings. A bowl of rice (japanese rice bowl). Yogurt 400 grams and 10 prunes... I've eaten like this for a while now and have seen good results. This is all i eat for the entire day.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Mine is open as well. Anyone on here can add me as a friend and take a look at my diary for motivation 😀
  • oann223
    oann223 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    add me
  • ChristianMomWifeFriend
    Options
    Add me . I can give you a grocery list of mine lol.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Open diary. 2200 calorie goal. I log pretty well most days.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. Feel free to friend me.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    My diary is open as well. Feel free to add me.

I think we need to allow ourselves to eat foods we enjoy ... not just those that are "good". It's a matter of portion. For example, if you crave chocolate chip cookies, plan for two in your foodplan for the day and allow yourself to have 2. Eat them in small bites ... savor each bite. When they are gone, have a glass of water and do something to redirect your mind away from cookies. I find if I deny a major craving it leads to binging ... which is much more detrimental to my plan.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I need more friends too.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Open diary. Can add me.
    Currently eating keto to the best that I can.

Somedays I don't fill in everything though.. Usually I eat around 1200-1400 calories
  • rebeccaahopkins93
    rebeccaahopkins93 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Open diary and active on here. Add me :)
  • RedDragonfly8
    RedDragonfly8 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My diary is always open still need to lose 7kg but going strong! Anyone can add me :)
  • KatrinaDelRey
    KatrinaDelRey Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My diary is open for accountability so feel free to add me!