Genuinely tired today

Options
I'm doing the C25K program, today is my third one. Yesterday I walked 2 miles, swam 20 laps and this morning I'm just worn out. Not sore- just tired.

I normall run in the mornings but as a new runner I thought I'd ask-

Should I hold off on today all together? Should I just run later and rest some today? Should I suck it up and get out there?

I was couch potato and have been "working" on things for about 2 weeks now if that helps with answering.

peace

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    From one hippie to another: Not enough information, man. Could you be asking your body to do more than you are fueling it to do?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    From one hippie to another: Not enough information, man. Could you be asking your body to do more than you are fueling it to do?

This. Are you eating the calories needed to fuel your workouts? If you don't, you should or you'll start to sink fast.
  • HippieChickadee
    Options
    Hmmm... I have to admit I'm new to all this. I have been going by 1340 calories a day and have been making sure I meet that, but I have been wondering if I'm suppose to eat my "burned calories" back. Could that be it?

Do you have any suggestions on a good "pre-run" meal/snack?

I was feeling so good I thought people were nuts with the "don't over do it" and then today I didn't want to wake up and my body feels tired.

I hate when I'm wrong.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I run fairly regularly. When I started I was running every day and would be simply exhausted. Found out, for my body, it's happiest when I don't run on consecutive days (although I will if my training plan calls for it like it does right now). So, you may be pushing yourself a little too much. Especially if you're adding other hard cardio on later in the day.

I would say to focus on running on run days and cross train on alternating days. Perhaps the switch up will help motivate you.

And, if I could, I'd curl up and nap right here at my desk. Don't think the boss would appreciate it, though. SO tired.