ISO Added Fruit Meals!

Options
curwhibbles
curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
I am really good with veggies, but shy away from fruit. Mainly because of carbs (I’m type 1...fruit hits hard), but have decided to add them in for a month and see how it goes. I dislike smoothies, but added a mandarin to my salad yesterday and LOVED it. Anyone have any good recipes? Aside from fruit pizza ☺️🤣

Replies

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Just do what I do with my kids and add some fruit to everything you eat. Make sure your plate has a serving of fruit each meal... Or once a day or whatever fits for you.
    Ex. yogurt or pancakes I add fruit, sandwiches and veggies, I add fruit, pasta or pork chops, I add fruit. fruit seems to compliment almost anything.
    I do roast fruit with chicken and pork and it comes out pretty darn good too. I kinda make stuff up so I don't have recipes per say.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't personally put fruit on any of my meals, I just eat it separate or on the side of whatever else I'm eating. The only actual fruit-incorporated meal I can think of is a salad w/ strawberries and feta.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I usually have fruit as a "dessert" with my lunch. Sometimes I'll add berries to my salads, but honestly I do not eat a lot of salad so it's not very often.
  • HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    A little diced apple or pear is good in salad too. It's also good in chicken salad. You can saute a little onion and garlic then in the last few minutes add some diced apple and have a nice topping for chicken or pork. Berries are good used the same ways.

A more savory way to make strawberries is to let them soak in a little balsamic vinegar and then warm them a little.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Add fruit to oatmeal.
    Apples, berries, pomegrante or oranges added to salad.
    http://www.meatlessmonday.com/recipes/apple-cranberry-lentils-with-new-potatoes/