Changing weekly weight loss

Options
HannahLDT
HannahLDT Posts: 31 Member
Hi everyone...quick question!

Do you you think it’s ok for me to change my weekly weight loss sometimes to allow for more daily calories? For example if I’m going out at the weekend can I change my weekly weight loss from 2lb to half a lb so I don’t go over my daily calorie allowance? Thank you ☺️

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    You can go over your daily calorie allowance.

pretty sure MFP doesn't have the shock collar option yet.

Just eat more. even knowing that as long as you don't eat more than 1000 more into the red - you'll still be creating a deficit.

No need to change anything.

Then again - you got more than 50 lbs to lose that 2 lbs weekly is even appropriate and reasonable for?
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    If you want to have one day a week where you go over, then go over that one day. If you want to average out your calories over the week and have a slower weight loss goal, then do that. If having the red number really bothers you that much, premium allows you to set a daily calorie goal. It is all a personal choice.

If you do have your goal set to 2 lb/week weight loss, is that too aggressive of a goal? Your goal should really only be that aggressive if you have >75 lbs to lose. A red flag for too high of a goal is your calories being set to 1200/day. That is the bare minimum MFP will allow so if that is what your calorie goal says, it probably isn't truly a 1000 cal/day deficit which is required for a 2 lb/week weight loss.