Toxic Relationship derailed progress. Restarting....

Options
Hello all. This time last year I really found my stride! I lost almost 20 lbs, working out regularly, eating well, and feeling really good about myself. I met someone around November 2018 and I gave in on "working out so much" and tried to put my efforts into making the relationship work. We didn't work out. We ate out a lot and I was feeling miserable. Now, I broke up with him and trying to rebuild myself. I learned a lot about myself. I hope to be able to find the fire I had about taking care of myself and committing to my health and well being. It is a process. I feel really horrible health wise. I have drowned myself in my thoughts, food, friends, having food times, and running away from the pain. I want to get back in touch with the stronger version of myself. I want to feel healthier in this body. I received so much out of my MFP journey last year. I wish I hadn't given up so much of myself in that relationship. I hope to do better and honor myself going forward. I have to start back at the beginning. I will weigh myself today to see where I am and begin to work hard to return back to a healthier and stronger self.

Replies

• JustMeandZ
    JustMeandZ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The fact that you're here shows you CAN do it! I'm also restarting, (lost 70 pounds about 5 years ago) ...but gained it all back. Its discouraging, but I know we can do it again, ....just a lot of hard work ahead. I've had some setbacks too, (health, etc) ....but maybe we can get a few people to join us, and we can all work together to 'motivate' and 'encourage' each other, and make a few friends along the way? Anyway, I'll 'save' this page, and I'm in, so good luck to you/us!!
  • JustMeandZ
    JustMeandZ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi again! So how did your weigh in go? Do you have a lot to lose? (I do!) My scale seems to give me different numbers each time I step on it, even if I do it right in a row ...so I'm not sure whats going on with that, .....but I'm not giving up! About to go for a swim. Hope you're having a good day
  • lynnz1960
    lynnz1960 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @belovedmomma your story and mine could almost match. I lost almost 20 also, then relationship issues which derailed my efforts. Broke it off recently and I’m getting back on track focusing on ME again. He was too much effort with none in return. We got this!!!
  • ChristianMomWifeFriend
    Options
    Are you sure it's your diet and not the summer heat ? ;) Jk.