Where does your body store fat?

Options

Replies

• squeaker87
    squeaker87 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Is “everywhere” a valid answer?

But seriously, even when I was smaller (that one time before my wedding) I still had big thighs.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Every ounce of my remaining fat is draped around my middle. :(
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    Every ounce of my remaining fat is draped around my middle. :(

Some days I think we are twins, h.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I always feel like I hold a lot of it in my stomach and that my tummy is the last to go. But when I look at my numbers and shape objectively it’s all pretty evenly distributed and all shrinks together at a fairly steady rate. So, big or small there’s always a 10-11” difference between my hips and waist, and my waist and bust. My proportions are the same, it just gets easier or harder to tell by looking depending on how heavy I am. But even though I’m an hourglass, I do still carry weight on my stomach, so from the side view my tummy feels very large to me. Eventually it will shrink down flat as well and I’ll be fully defined, but it’s a total mind trip of an optical illusion.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Everywhere. My body doesn't discriminate. Slightly more in the lower half and slightly less in the upper stomach. I don't lose/gain evenly, though. I go through phases of certain parts being bigger than others and I've been every shape classification I've ever encountered so there is no telling what my "final form" will be.
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Everywhere, so that a slight gain isn't very noticeable. Right now, when I've already lost about 20 lbs, most of it is in my a s s and my thighs. My top half looks great already, my lower half hasn't caught up yet.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Lower half. It's like welcome to slowly with it. The upper half got the loss memo pretty fast, with the cup size going out the window first, followed by the flab on the arms. But the thighs, underbutt, and those little pockets inside and behind the knee, they're #resisting.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Chest, thighs and butt.
    I may have to get down to my birth weight before I can buy a bra at a regular store.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Every place between my ribcage and mid-thigh. Also my boobs, but since my non-boob chest area and back don't store much fat (I've always been able to see collarbones and lower ribs stick out despite being obese), so I haven't really attributed the boobs to fat storage as much as just having big boobs.
  • Barrera1010
    Barrera1010 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

JaydedMiss wrote: »
    I've noticed women store around the hips and thighs, upper arms as well.

ya. i fooled myself i wasnt that fat because i had a thin waist/ribcage and an hourglass shape but really it was because i held a ton of weight in my upper arms and hid with my hair and cropped out of pictures xD Yay for denial

edit: notice how my arms are hidden even in my profile pic xD mix of old habits and the fact i have alot of loose skin so never really stopped hiding them lol

Honestly, I would have never noticed. We blow things up out of proportion sometimes.
  • Barrera1010
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Legs and underbutt for me.

Hi! How is the progress going? I'm getting ready to post a progress pic pretty soon.
  • Barrera1010
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Stomach. I have atypical fat distribution for a woman. My legs lean out first.

Sometimes we don't notice how our body changes. Ive started to take progress pics and its the best thing I could have done.
  • Barrera1010
    Options
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    Lower half. It's like welcome to slowly with it. The upper half got the loss memo pretty fast, with the cup size going out the window first, followed by the flab on the arms. But the thighs, underbutt, and those little pockets inside and behind the knee, they're #resisting.

Slowly with it lol. It must be a downer as a woman to lose the cup size. I suggest getting the muscle mass higher so that the areas such as your stubborn areas are toned even if the fat content is a bit higher, at least the cups will still be there.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Thighs, hips, stomach. You can count all my ribs above my breasts, but I still got thunder thighs...
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    There is an invisible line around my waist at my belly button. Any extra weight starts at that line and works it's way to my thighs.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Legs and underbutt for me.

Hi! How is the progress going? I'm getting ready to post a progress pic pretty soon.

Eh... it is what it is. I am not willing to get down to ultra lean levels so I think I have to accept some of it. Right now fake tanner is working wonders to hide it, ;)

Yea go for it.. it's all about progress!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    lower belly/hips/thighs/butt. My upper body has hardly any fat. If you saw me from my waist up you'd think I was super skinny.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Inner thighs. Even when I stepped on stage at 7% body fat, they still rubbed together. :s

Finally someone built just like me! I don't think I could get lean enough without being anorexic to ever not have my thighs rub together. All my fat goes to my inner thighs and lower belly. A little bit on triceps.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    My remaining visible fat is on my stomach and the back of my thighs.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Torso. Most visibly around the waistline, but as I lost weight I lost exactly 5" off my bust, waist, and hips. Almost no change to my legs or arms (maybe half an inch).