That special dress that was too tight before??

kspeach
kspeach Posts: 179 Member
edited September 21 in Success Stories
....is now too BIG!!!! I didn't even get to wear it once!! I've had it for a couple of years (from Jessica London, I think). It was tighter than I liked when I got it. So a quarter of a century pounds later :) I think it'll fit perfect now......it's too big! Mostly 'up top' if you know what I mean, but all over, especially since it has like a built in girdle. I totally missed my window of opportunity.

Definitely going shopping today. Hopefully summer clothes will be on sale since it's late season! I've been wearing the same clothes this whole time, and I'm amazed what a difference 25 pounds has made. I do have a few shirts that fit great now, but a lot of my fave clothes are too loose and baggy.

Sigh. I do have quite a few favorite sweaters that I'm going to miss......y'all better have cute clothes in size 14 or less this winter!!! OR ELSE!!

HEY, I just thought of a great thing about summer weight loss....I get to wear clothes that show it off! Although it would be pretty dramatic to go from coverup sweaters/winter clothes to a skinnier me.... :)

Have a great day everyone!

Replies

• Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Ohh, I feel for you. I only wore a dress I loved once, and when I tried it on the other day, it is way too big. I am so disappointed. :( It is great to lose the weight, but disappointing when your favorite things no longer fit.
  • kRpRpLgRl
    kRpRpLgRl Posts: 59 Member
    Have you ever been to Cato's? It's a great place to shop for clothes while you are going down in sizes. They have very good prices and a lot of cute stuff. They have one in Harrisonville near where I live. You should check it out!

Kim
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Congrats on the 26 pounds lost! It is a great feeling to not be able to fit into something that use to be too snug. Bummer you never got to wear the dress though. Maybe pass it on to someone who would appreciate it and wear it for you? Happy shopping!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    I have the same dress!
    Kind of a bummer.
    But awesome at the same time.
  • kspeach
    No Cato here. :( Fashion Bug hasn't done anything for me in awhile, but might try it if worst comes to worst. There is a dress barn I'll be hitting in a few minutes.....although I have ALWAYS hated shopping anywhere that says BARN! LOL Maybe LB will also have some summer stuff on clearance..... :)

Y'all have a great day!
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Congrats on the weight loss! If you love the dress, have it tailored. Only spend $ on tailoring if it would be cheaper than buying brand new though or it's something you really love, because it can be pricey.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    No Cato here. :( Fashion Bug hasn't done anything for me in awhile, but might try it if worst comes to worst. There is a dress barn I'll be hitting in a few minutes.....although I have ALWAYS hated shopping anywhere that says BARN! LOL Maybe LB will also have some summer stuff on clearance..... :)

Y'all have a great day!

If you have Kohl's they have tons of cute summer things on sale right now!
  • kspeach

Y'all have a great day!

If you have Kohl's they have tons of cute summer things on sale right now!
    Sadly, since I'm still in the Plus Sizes, the Kohl's near me do NOT have a large selection (no pun intended). But thanks...I did go to Macy's! SUCCCHHHH great sales!
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    tailoring tailoring tailoring haha..I bought a dress 2 sizes too small in march for a wedding in sept...haha it fits now. But it has a tie back and can also be easily altered....I will wear that dress for something and hopefully more than one occasion considering what I paid for the dang thing! But I'm not going to be sad that and 18 fits now rather than sept. I probably should have got a 16 haha but didn't want to jinx it!

Congrats!!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    I LOVE CATO too, however too bad you don't have one near you. I did however just buy several CUTE summer dresses at JCPenney. They have HUGE sales going on now on all their summer dresses. I bought 6 for my cruise in October, however I think I'm already going to have to take a few back because they are getting big already!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!