Heart rate graph

Do any of you guys use a device that gives you a daily graph showing your HR throughout the day? I would be interested to see how others look throughout the day and how much their HR ranges. Here is an example day for me..

3883fjiyp6pf.png

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Couple years ago, non-exercise typical sedentary work day. Wearing Garmin HR strap
    AvgHR 56.
    MaxHR 123.

ijdc0gucqfo1.png
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    my resting heart rate is about 50 - 55 ish.

when I speak with our teenage daughter..... it's roughly 1000 to 3000 BPM.

that's a cool chart, graph, device..... I'm just not micro managing my fitness to that level.
    I'm not currently training for the olympics or looking to join the Marines; I just want to look good at the beach.

Haha, it is funny to look back on my day and see exactly when I was in traffic or excited/etc. I don't care about my HR or target HR during exercise, but I have an apple watch and there is an app that just does your whole HR for the entire day like this. I think it is kind of cool to look at sometimes.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    heybales wrote: »
    Couple years ago, non-exercise typical sedentary work day. Wearing Garmin HR strap
    AvgHR 56.
    MaxHR 123.

ijdc0gucqfo1.png

WOW, cool to see how much you vary throughout the day. I thought I varied a lot.
  • heybales
    That was a day for being curious - the Garmin strap means catching each beat and reporting the rate every second for logging on the watch. The optical ones are usually spaced out, and the data is shown in 5-15 min chunk averages.
    That busy thing is per sec as best it can be displayed, though I think I could mess with a rolling avg setting. Still up & down a lot.

So every head slap, joke laugh, get up to stretch, shake head at email, ect causes spikes.

I thought it was interesting that the lowest HR really is near end of sleep.
    I've had other times I've done this just through the night after a hard workout day, very wild then.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    edited August 2018
    I currently can't run due to bunions.Thus can't show it. But my resting HR occasionally drops towards around 45. My maxHR is around 205 when running. Anyone got a bigger range? :D
  • Freischuetz
    Freischuetz Posts: 147 Member
    resting for sure less than 45, but never exactly measured. maxHR = 208 :p

4uby72v6xe6a.jpeg
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    No graphs here, just mental notes of my HR over the course of 3 years, from 110 for my resting HR to 58 last week.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member

4uby72v6xe6a.jpeg

You win!
  • heybales

4uby72v6xe6a.jpeg

Well actually, that was your maxHR for that run. Unless that was a HRmax protocol test - your HRmax is probably 10-15 higher.

Some people have Honda high rev'ing hearts, some people have slow diesel hearts.
    And some are actually in the middle of the huge bell curve for 220-age to be somewhat correct for HRmax. Most are not.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    edited August 2018
    6873y1u6p35k.png

This was Tuesday, using a Garmin Forerunner 735XT. Low of 53 while I was asleep. Peak was during a Zwift session with some sprinting, at about 165.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Actually reflecting on the timeline, the was a transition in there whilst I was on the bike the HR collection would primarily be from a Garmin classic HRM paired with my Edge 520. I think it was a 90 minute session.