What do you think of Victoria's Secret models?

Options
I think they are toned with perfect figures. If you had to take a shot in the dark:

1. How many calories per day do you think they eat?

2. What types of food groups do they stay away from?

3. Do they incorporate tons of cardio? Or do lots of strength training?

4. Do you think they skip meals?

Replies

• IZackV13
    IZackV13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Let me preface this by saying they are all obviously models so they are in pretty good shape and have the "looks" to be successful...BUT...I don't think today's models hold a CANDLE to Marissa Miller, Giselle, and some of the others over the past few years.

Just sayin.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    They aren't perfect...most photos are tampered with. And most of them are scrawny rather than toned...whatever that means. Two grapefruit on a stick.....not sexy.
  • autumnpennell
    autumnpennell Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    interesting post! i was actually wondering this a few days ago! you always hear of models starving themselves and being "too skinny" but i dont think victoria secret models look too skinny either rather they look perfect.
  • phatguerilla
    phatguerilla Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    1. 893 calories/day.

2. dessert.

3. all the training.

6. Depends on cigarettes are a meal or not.
  • jgal86
    jgal86 Posts: 77
    Options
    This post again?

1. They probably eat less than 1500

2. I think most of them probably cut out carbs/breads

3. I would say they do lots of cardio - but some of them are pretty ripped so weight training as well.

4. Do they skip meals? For sure
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    This post again?

3. I would say they do lots of cardio - but some of them are pretty ripped so weight training as well.

Didn't this already happen this week?
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I know Alessandra Ambrosio has said something about not eating any solids 9 days before a show or a photoshoot, and then fasting the entire day before and day of the the event to look extra slim.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

tumblr_m37l2kbHzI1qihztbo1_400.gif
  • bryn10
    bryn10 Posts: 44
    Options
    I read an article a while back that some of them use chicken breasts/cutlets in their swimsuits. Hence why they have "perfect" figures! I always found it hard to believe that stick thin models would have breasts that big...and now I understand the secret lol. Also a lot of the photos are tampered with. I'm betting they have pretty low-cal diets and that some of them are just blessed with good genes.
  • Juanwi
    Juanwi Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't think a lot of them are actually in shape, just scrawny. However, some of them do look like they work out. VS has recently been promoting their sports clothing, and on their FB page they have a few workout videos with the model's personal trainers.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=vb.243080815702993&type=2

Again, some of them look like they actually do work out and others look confused like they have never done those exercises before.

The fact that VS is promoting working out gives me hope that our society is starting to turn away from skinny as being the "ideal" look and, instead, opting for "healthy" being the in look.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Oh, so you're a troll.

Awesome.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Oh, so you're a troll.

Awesome.

:laugh:
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    This post again?

Yes it did by this exact member. It's obvious that you're obsessed with VS models. A word of advice, stop idolizing them. A lot of what you see in VS ads is photoshop and to get their body runway ready they do unhealthy things. I see models walking around every single day and most of the time they look nothing like what you'd see in a fashion ad. Just focus on exercise, lifting, eating right.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I think they are pretty girls who get paid to wear underwear.... Good for them.
    I really don't care what kind of exercise they do or what foods they eat or don't eat
  • Juanwi
    Juanwi Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This post again?

Yes it did by this exact member. It's obvious that you're obsessed with VS models. A word of advice, stop idolizing them. A lot of what you see in VS ads is photoshop and to get their body runway ready they do unhealthy things. I see models walking around every single day and most of the time they look nothing like what you'd see in a fashion ad. Just focus on exercise, lifting, eating right.

^This

Cindy Crawford once said that she wished she ACTUALLY looked like Cindy Crawford.
  • HollieDollieeeex
    HollieDollieeeex Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I bet they eat less than 1000 a day, stay away from carbs, eat mostly salads or shakes, skip meals, maybe eat tissues, don't go to the gym - they're manic all the time.

They're stunning but it's not real life, my body type would never be that slight, no matter how much I exercised or ate
  • mp_deep
    mp_deep Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My favorite: Adriana Lima!!!
    She isn't too thin.

adriana-lima-workout.jpg
  • jgal86
    jgal86 Posts: 77
    Options
    My favorite: Adriana Lima!!!
    She isn't too thin.

adriana-lima-workout.jpg

She has a great bod. Not to skinny and looks like she is in shape.
  • rockinchick221976
    rockinchick221976 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Yes, they are georgeous, with great figures; but I definately think it comes at a price. I'm sure many of them suffer from eating disorders, and almost definately skip meals. I'd say the average VS model probably eats no more thana 900 calories a day and probably cuts out most carbs as well. I can't remember which former VS model it was that I saw a while back talking about her ED on one of the talk shows. Some of them do look very tone, so I'm sure they do some kind of strength training. I'm also sure good Genes plays a huge part in it as well. Also, as other people on here have said, what you see is not what you get. There are a lot of tricks of the trade used to make those catalog pictures and commercials look flawless: lighting, breast enhancement tricks, pictures are photo shopped, etc. I'm sure these women are still very beautiful in person, but not the perfection you see in the pictures.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    once you look like one it's relatively easy to maintain a nice figure. I had a model's body a few months ago, and i could eat like 2000 kcal a day and be active 3 times a week.