PCOS Won’t Define Me Anymore

Options
Hi Ladies,

I’ve been diagnosed with PCOS for over 6 years now and have been struggling with weight gain my entire life.

Part of me wants to make a change, but another part of me is scared of failure. I’ve never lost weight and never have felt the feeling of success in terms of my health. This fear has been holding me back. My depression and emotional eating has been holding me back. Really, I’m the one to blame. But I want to make this change, get over my fear, and lose the weight! And I think having a group of similarly minded women supporting each other is a great supplement.

If you’re interested and can relate, feel free to add me on Instagram and shoot me a quick message so I can start the group on a more accessible app! My username on Instagram is @itsthegrim

We can do this!

About Me
Weight: 240
Goal weight: 200 (shorter term, longer term is 160)

Replies

• motherofthesun
    motherofthesun Posts: 4 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    If you don’t have Instagram, there are options like email, WhatsApp, text messaging, snapchat, Facebook!

And please feel free to share your feelings about your weight loss journey with PCOS or any other disease below. I calmed down when saw so many women who were in the same position and the support systems that were created through here ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • skigal303
    skigal303 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    We have similar stats although I'm a couple years older. I'm 29, was diagnosed just a few months ago, but have probably had PCOS for years. I weigh about 220 and I am working towards under 200 as a short term goal and around 150 as a long term goal. I also have a fear of failure and oddly enough, a fear of success. I haven't ever lost weight successfully and I've been trying my whole life. Good luck!
  • motherofthesun
    motherofthesun Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    skigal303 wrote: »
    We have similar stats although I'm a couple years older. I'm 29, was diagnosed just a few months ago, but have probably had PCOS for years. I weigh about 220 and I am working towards under 200 as a short term goal and around 150 as a long term goal. I also have a fear of failure and oddly enough, a fear of success. I haven't ever lost weight successfully and I've been trying my whole life. Good luck!

Hi it’s great to meet you! I’m excited to support you during your journey. We are strong and powerful and will fight this!
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hey ladies, five years with PCOS here and older. I’ve noticed improvements with help of Pinterest with Keto, Paleo and vegan dishes. 😊 I don’t have other social media accounts except Pinterest. Amandagreek23 😊