Hello from Montreal!

Options
myra_evangelista
myra_evangelista Posts: 3 Member
edited August 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone!

My name is Myra, I'm 25 years old, and I live in Montreal, Canada. I just wanted to introduce myself quickly to everyone here.

I've been struggling with my weight since I was a teenager, really, but lately I've been struggling more than ever. I weighed in this morning at exactly 170 lbs, which is just under ten pounds from my highest weight. While I have lost and gained weight before, it wasn't necessarily in the healthiest way and I didn't build the habits I needed to maintain that loss. Edit: I forgot to mention, but I'm also quitting drinking. I've decided to become sober for reasons I won't go into into too much detail here.

I'm determined that this time, the change is really going to last. I have tried MyFitnessPal before, and the first time I tried it and I stuck to it, it really worked. So I'm here again, starting again--even though I've tried a thousand times before I won't give up.

I don't have a hard and fast goal--I just want to be happy and comfortable. In the past I've been most happy and comfortable around 140-145 lbs so I guess we'll see when we get there.

Please feel free to add me as a friend :smile: It's easier when you don't have to go it alone.

Replies

• jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Feel free to add me. I am on here throughout the day. It is great attitude to just want to be happy and comfortable. I tell myself daily that I didn't put the weight on overnight, it isn't going to come off overnight. Quitting drinking is great. My dad has been sober for several years now and I am so proud of him. It is a challenge but it is one that you can overcome. My mom is an alcoholic and wish that she could realize the damage it causes to the people around her.
    Hope you have an amazing day.
  • samanthabeth17
    samanthabeth17 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Myra!
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    @myra_evangelista welcome my fellow Canuck add me if you wish always willing to support