Pretty depressed today

Options
I totally hate the scale...thats why I don't weigh in but ONCE a month on the 15th
Update
Total weight loss from July 1st to today is 26.8 lbs. (214.2 to 187.4). Total inches off is 20.7. Will do another check in September 15th. Hopefully with better results.

Guess I'll have to do better and find some thing that works...

Replies

• braewe
    braewe Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    And won't it be harder now? I think that much weight is amazing. I'm much heavier and only trying for a pound and a half a week. That way it's much more likely to stay off, or so I've heard, and healthier, as well.

And if you 'find something that works' it probably won't be good for you.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Wait...what?

Why do you need to find something that works? You seem to have something that works!

That's a really very good weight loss rate. In fact, you're borderline losing weight too fast
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Deviette wrote: »
    Wait...what?

Why do you need to find something that works? You seem to have something that works!

That's a really very good weight loss rate. In fact, you're borderline losing weight too fast

Not even borderline...we’re talking 4+ pounds per week.

OP, you need to readjust your expectations. You’re putting yourself at a just risk at the rate you’re losing now. How many calories are you eating a day?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I totally hate the scale...thats why I don't weigh in but ONCE a month on the 15th
    Update
    Total weight loss from July 1st to today is 26.8 lbs. (214.2 to 187.4). Total inches off is 20.7. Will do another check in September 15th. Hopefully with better results.

Guess I'll have to do better and find some thing that works...

You seriously need to adjust your expectations. You are losing weight aggressively fast, and are risking unnecessary muscle loss, loose skin, and yo-yo dieting if you don't slow it down. You could end up more unhealthy at your goal weight than you were when you started. I don't know your height or goal weight, but regardless at 187 your goal should be no more than 1.5 lbs per week.

Please take care of yourself.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, what?

are you kidding OP?
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Not sure you have anything to be miserable. Not in terms of your weight loss anyway.
  • Losingweightforgood2019
    Options
    Correct. I don't know why I didn't even do the breakdown per week. I guess is okay.

Thanks
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Oh no! That seems rather fast. I personally would be afraid of muscle loss. You may be creating a way too big deficit.