Help :(

Options
Hi ! So I am currently strugglinh with something. No matter how much weight I lose , my thighs still remain flabby and full of stretch marks and cellulite. I am 5'2 and 110 lbs ( size 6-8)
I eat 1400-1700 calories everyday and I ignore macros and purely focus on calories only and eat whatever I want to. On the weekends I go a bit over and eat 2000-2500 calories.
I also do 2 hours of mini stepper EVERYDAY! So why are my thighs like this? I know women who do not diet , do not exercise and have awesome looking thighs :(

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    How are you tracking? Eye balls or weighed? Are you going out much? Eye balls are horrid estimates. Restaurant food can be way over stated calories. I see ranges, so that tells me a bit. Hope this helps.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you are YOU. you are not THEM. stop comparing yourself!

you cant get rid of stretch marks. they fade over time, but no cream, lotion or potion will remove them.

if you want to build muscle you need to start a progressive lifting program.

im only an inch shorter than you and my maintenance is 1600. anything over and i will gain.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You don't know what people do when you're not around, no matter what they say, so it's unfair to you to compare yourself to anyone else.
  • anonymous1210
    anonymous1210 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    First off, stop looking at other women and thinking about how your thighs don't look like theirs. You aren't them, they aren't you, chances are there's something you have that they want. It's just how it works, get over it.

Second, you likely have a low amount of muscle. I'm guessing that based on the fact that you look only at calories and eat whatever you want. Most women, on their own, don't eat sufficient protein to maintain muscle while losing weight. Add that to your lack of resistance training and you have a recipe for low muscle mass. The good thing is that you can turn that around. Start lifting weights on a good program, eat at maintenance, and your legs will firm up.

Yeah , I think so too because I feel that my legs are really weak because I feel them hurting even after 10 squats ! The problem is that I really cant keep a diet as I end up binging on junk and chocolate :( and I dont have access to a gym !
  • anonymous1210
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    How are you tracking? Eye balls or weighed? Are you going out much? Eye balls are horrid estimates. Restaurant food can be way over stated calories. I see ranges, so that tells me a bit. Hope this helps.

Weighed ! And I dont eat out that much .. maybe once a week and I try to track as accurately as possible.
  • anonymous1210
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Hi ! So I am currently strugglinh with something. No matter how much weight I lose , my thighs still remain flabby and full of stretch marks and cellulite. I am 5'2 and 110 lbs ( size 6-8)
    I eat 1400-1700 calories everyday and I ignore macros and purely focus on calories only and eat whatever I want to. On the weekends I go a bit over and eat 2000-2500 calories.
    I also do 2 hours of mini stepper EVERYDAY! So why are my thighs like this? I know women who do not diet , do not exercise and have awesome looking thighs :(

You are probably dealing with genetics more than anything else. And perception - we are always more judgmental of our own bodies than others. Having said that, what you mentioned are 3 separate issues, none of which probably have anything to do with your weight or your diet (or your stepper).
    1. To firm up your thighs, start focusing on a strength training program. You are already at a relatively low weight, so rather than see if you can lose more weight and hope it comes off your thighs, building more muscle all over may help your shape much more. Plus 2 hours on a stepper sounds like torture :disappointed: Check out the recomp thread here : https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1
    2. There are creams on the market that are meant to improve stretch marks, I have no idea whether they are the real deal or not. A fake tan can help distract from them in the short term.
    3. Cellulite is largely genetic, some women will have it even if they are underweight. Building muscle and a fake tanner can help even the look of cellulite out as well. Some people swear by massage, dry brushing, and some creams, but I think those are all hit or miss and are all temporary.

Understand, building muscle is a long term proposition - once you are lean, the changes you can make will take months, not weeks. Try not to be so critical of yourself, sometimes we can be our own worst critics and notice things no one else ever would! Comparison is the thief of joy.

To be honest , i find it alright doing 2 hours as I have an office job and without them , I would only be able to eat 1300 calories and I love food
    I might try out the creams
  • anonymous1210
    Options
    you are YOU. you are not THEM. stop comparing yourself!

you cant get rid of stretch marks. they fade over time, but no cream, lotion or potion will remove them.

if you want to build muscle you need to start a progressive lifting program.

im only an inch shorter than you and my maintenance is 1600. anything over and i will gain.

Yes thats why I use the stepper a lot because otherwise , I cant comprehend with eating just 1300 calories a day :(
  • anonymous1210
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Why in the world would you do a stepper 2 hours a day? If anything, you'd be better off find a good resistance based program (like StrongCurves), add in some cardio on the side, and give it time.

Because I have a sedentery lifestyle , and without the stepper I would only be allowed to eat 1300 calories which is quite a few for me
  • mrslynda
    mrslynda Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, you don't necessarily need a gym. While I am a big believer in weights, that's what I enjoy, there are other things you can do. There are some really good body weight programs out there. Things like you are your own gym. Also on YouTube fitness blender as some really no equipment or minimum equipment videos. There are others that people like too.

On diet, just make small changes. Look at your meals and see where you can improve your days. Little changes make a big difference. My diet is fair from perfect, but I feel better if I get some fruit and veggies in everyday. Sometimes an extra egg or a a cup of milk can make a difference to you day protein intake.

And I agree, that it's not always good to compare ourselves to others. Yes admiring people is great, but remembers to be the best you , you can be. Even the most 'perfect' person has their struggles and might even be envious of you.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    have you thought of looking into recomp?