Tips for Shedding the Last 5 Pounds to Goal Weight

I have to start by saying my goal was never to lose 50 pounds, it was to lose 30. I lost the 30, saw where I could still improve and how much more motivation I had in me. I went from 195 to 165 and then revised my final goal to be 145 and maintain there. I am 5'6" so that is roughly 10 pounds under the top of the Healthy BMI weight, how much I weighed in college when I was lugging a heavy backpack all over a hilly campus, dancing 3-5 days a week for my dance major, and waiting tables/ bartending. SO I am ecstatic that 145 is attainable and maintainable even though my lifestyle has significantly changed - desk job now and 7 years after college graduation - but these last 5 pounds are being stubborn...or maybe I'm being too lax...but I do track my food and exercise and I've been trying to add in different work outs to change things up. Any tips for the final 5 pounds? I want them gone by October 10th (50 pounds gone in 50 weeks.) I will kindly ask that no one starts in on me about tracking properly and weighing food and being hyper-accurate, I know that. I would prefer mental thoughts/ tips/ tricks to get over the scale for a week or so, how you changed up your work outs, if you incorporated something different? Thanks!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    You already know this. You decide which pounds are the last. The lower you go, the more effort you have to put in. There are no tricks or tips, it's just priorities.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Other than being accurate with your tracking... my advice would be to be prepared and try not to get discouraged by weight fluctuations (for some using a trend weight app can help) and lots and lots of patience.