5:2 buddies

Options
Im starting the 5:2 intermitant fasting plan from sunday and plan to fast tuesdays and thursdays. Looking for buddies for support :)

Replies

• Mosstradamuz
    Mosstradamuz Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Im starting the 5:2 intermitant fasting plan from sunday and plan to fast tuesdays and thursdays. Looking for buddies for support :)

I'm not doing the 5:2 fast although I am doing the Warrior Fast 20:4. I've been having great results so far. Welcome to the fasting club! :)
  • wonderdollxo90
    wonderdollxo90 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 16/8 ... wanna try the 5:2
  • poolplayer67
    poolplayer67 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What is the 5:2 if i may ask? Just signed in 4 days ago and doing the calorie thing.
  • Aphrodite1978
    Aphrodite1978 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Follow the group, well one of the groups anyway, on Facebook. Keep meaning to officially jump on but haven’t gotten there yet. I should though.
  • MegansMom2011
    MegansMom2011 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    With the 5:2 intermittent fasting, does it matter if you change the days each week? Like, if I pick Saturday to fast, but then there's an event happening and I want to eat, can I change it to another day instead? Guess I'm interested, but want more info about it. I just completed fasting yesterday and today. Thinking I want to do Thursday and leave my second day open to change. But wondering if I don't structure it, I might just procrastinate until I've eaten too many days in the week. Lol, sorry for the lengthy post.
  • hutazi
    hutazi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    With the 5:2 intermittent fasting, does it matter if you change the days each week? Like, if I pick Saturday to fast, but then there's an event happening and I want to eat, can I change it to another day instead? Guess I'm interested, but want more info about it. I just completed fasting yesterday and today. Thinking I want to do Thursday and leave my second day open to change. But wondering if I don't structure it, I might just procrastinate until I've eaten too many days in the week. Lol, sorry for the lengthy post.

you can change days. the idea is to lower your calorie count for the entire week. however, its advised not to do two back to back fasts. at least leave a day between. it is easier if you keep a regular schedule i guess and your lunch buddies or partner will also get the schedule, i do Tuesday and Thursdays. some modify and do every other day, but eat much more between. theres so many forms the 16:8, 5:2, 4:3, 20:4 etc are just main variations. find one that works for you.
  • Aphrodite1978
    Aphrodite1978 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok I jumped on! Woke up this morning and just decided to fast so thought I’d try and incorporate 16:8 into my day as well. 2 cups of peppermint tea and 600 ml of water along with a 3.5km walk. Think I’m off to a good start...better than I’d expected to be anyway.
  • Kerryhanley6771
    Kerryhanley6771 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I'm starting 5:2 today and I'm also fasting on Tuesday and Thursday. I might need some tips as I'm a but of a foodie so think I might struggle 😟
  • Tuplatano
    Tuplatano Posts: 123 Member
    Options

Hi , I been doing 5:2 and 4:3 for two weeks now.. i mainly do the 5:2 but sometimes when I have a wild weekend I proceed with the 4:3.. you can feel free to add me if you like...