Lots of weight lost fast and now extra skin galore.

Options
I'm wonder what I can do to help this.. 2 years ago I lost over half my body weight and did It in a year, now I have a lot of extra skin and it looks gross. I was told before I'll probably need a tummy tuck, without seeing my stomach, how true is it?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    The speed at which you lost the weight has nothing to do with permanently stretched skin. Permanently stretched skin is caused by gaining weight not losing it.

To answer your question, yes, considering that you lost half of your body weight, which means that you were very heavy, a tummy tuck seems reasonable in order to deal with the loose skin. Some people opt for it and some don't, for various reasons, but at this point it's reasonable to say that your skin is not going to shrink up enough for the extra skin to be totally unnoticeable.
  • FireVixen_Fayth
    FireVixen_Fayth Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    The speed at which you lost the weight has nothing to do with permanently stretched skin. Permanently stretched skin is caused by gaining weight not losing it.

To answer your question, yes, considering that you lost half of your body weight, which means that you were very heavy, a tummy tuck seems reasonable in order to deal with the loose skin. Some people opt for it and some don't, for various reasons, but at this point it's reasonable to say that your skin is not going to shrink up enough for the extra skin to be totally unnoticeable.

Alright thank you for the valuable information. Sucks that's what probably will need done and especially since my numbers estimate it at around 6000 according to research and it's hard to get it covered as medically necessary.

I really do appreciate the response thank you!
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    There's a fantastic thread on this topic currently active in this forum - check it out!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10687999/tummy-surgery-after-180-pound-weight-loss-warning-some-graphic-pics/p1
  • FireVixen_Fayth
    FireVixen_Fayth Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    There's a fantastic thread on this topic currently active in this forum - check it out!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10687999/tummy-surgery-after-180-pound-weight-loss-warning-some-graphic-pics/p1

Thank ya kindly,!