How do you log interval training

Options
I know how to enter it manually into the exercise section of the app but I am curious when doing interval training whether you log it as a whole exercise or if I should only log the time I'm actually working out.
for instance when doing interval training with jumping rope I usually do 1 minute on 30 seconds off. So if I did that for 12 rounds (total of 18 minutes) do I log the exercise as interval training for 12 minutes I'm physically working out, or should I do it for the 18 minutes of the total workout?

Replies

• Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    When I do things like that, I only log for the amount of work done. So for your example, I would log 12 minutes of exercise.
  • curtismccall
    curtismccall Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    When I do things like that, I only log for the amount of work done. So for your example, I would log 12 minutes of exercise.

That's what I do as well because it just makes sense. Just checking to make sure so I can make sure I'm logging right. I appreciate it
  • tlpina82
    tlpina82 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I built a custom interval training on my Fenix 5x, but it is only helpful for the countdown beeps and vibration. the rest in HRM measuring and intensity.
    The Garmin App does the rest.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    I love having a Garmin. And a power meter. When I do intervals, my watch records all the relevant details. I record it as a bike ride because that's what I'm doing. It understands the torque vector and angular velocity I'm putting into the pedals. So intervals are basically like any other ride from a how do you treat it standpoint.