Huel????

Options

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    First things first - how and why do you struggle with lunch? The simplest is to skip lunch. Simple isn't the same as easy. Figure out sustainable strategies.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and jelly sammiches, pretty darn easy.
  • bazman7323
    bazman7323 Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Yes, and very easy for my dog to eat while sitting in the car beside me, lol. The only chance I get to eat between breakfast and my evening meal is in the car, at traffic lights.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Try it....love it or hate it!
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    meagan8376 wrote: »
    Bump

I am waiting too. I hope the OP returns.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    Bump

I am waiting too. I hope the OP returns.

I hope he comes back too then if helps you out with your hopes and dreams. Lol. You may be waiting a while some ppl just post, read and move on with their day.

IKR
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    bazman7323 wrote: »
    The only chance I get to eat between breakfast and my evening meal is in the car, at traffic lights.
    Are you sure that's true?
    And is not being able to eat between breakfast and dinner the reason you're overweight?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

Yes, and very easy for my dog to eat while sitting in the car beside me, lol. The only chance I get to eat between breakfast and my evening meal is in the car, at traffic lights.

Train your dog? I dunno. My dogs would never take my food unless I gave it to them.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options

Train your dog? I dunno. My dogs would never take my food unless I gave it to them.

Right? That's a new one.

What is Huel, another MLM thing?

@bazman732 What do you mean you have trouble with lunch? There's nothing inherently "wrong" about supplement shakes unless it's MLM - in that case run like the wind...but is your "trouble with lunch" about time, not finding food that is low enough calorie? Or...?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    There doesn't seem to be anything "wrong" with Huel, except maybe the price if it turns out you don't like it. Like someone else said: give it a try. At $2 a "meal" it's not terribly expensive.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I read 2 blogs of two different guys that used only Huel for a week,one had some tummy probs and missed food terribly and the other one liked it a lot,I wouldn't trust myself cuz even tho both said it was very filling at 500 calories,I can still see myself missing food to much and eating even if om full already
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    There's a sachet of it in the break-room at work. People leave stuff there for other people to help themselves. The Belvita bars and the like all disappear pretty quickly. The sachet of Hurl Huel has been there for weeks, but so far no takers.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

Right? That's a new one.

What is Huel, another MLM thing?

@bazman732 What do you mean you have trouble with lunch? There's nothing inherently "wrong" about supplement shakes unless it's MLM - in that case run like the wind...but is your "trouble with lunch" about time, not finding food that is low enough calorie? Or...?

Nah, not MLM, it's basically competing with Soylent as a serious - not for weight loss really - meal replacement drink. I think Huel is trying to market more toward the fitness community as opposed to Soylent which seems to have latched on to the techie who is bored with food and "too busy" on the web to cook.
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I never tried Huel, nor I’m intending to. I only know of it as my Facebook has been bombarded with adverts for it.

On one hand, I know it’s not for me - I’m a foodie that enjoys real food too much, and I have a restaurant at work where I can buy great and cheap food for my lunches. So it’s really not for me. I can imagine that there are some people who are so busy and who don’t really care about food as anything other than fuel who might find it a right thing for them.

However, I just wanted to add - having seen some of the snarky responses Huel have been getting on Facebook, I’m actually impressed with how they have been handling them and responding to queries. They seem to be very clear about what they are and what they are not (e.g. they are not a weight loss tool), their responses are evidence based and grounded in science, and they respond carefully and thoughtfully to various nutritional pseudoscience questions. So I’ve gained some respect for the company, though I have no intention to start using them.
  • rvakory
    rvakory Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, All. First time poster but long time MyFitnessPal user. :smile: I've enjoyed reading the comments here and definitely appreciate everyone's input. After several days, I slowly replaced my breakfast and lunch with Huel shakes and still eat a sensible dinner. Everyone's mileage may vary, of course, but for my own lifestyle, Huel is working out nicely for me after having been using it for almost two weeks. Here are my own experiences with it, for what it's worth:

- Believe it or not, my workdays are about 16 hours which includes a four hour round trip commute. Obviously that's my choice, of course and, if I play my cards right, I'll only need to do this grind for several more years. That being said, my time to prepare my food is fairly limited. I can make a couple Huel shakes in about five minutes which leads me to my second experience...

- There's a lot of versatility with Huel recipes. My primary shakes are: for breakfast - two scoops of Huel blended with PB2 choc/PB powder and a small banana in about 16oz of water. Tastes just like a chocolate banana sundae. This is about 455 calories overall and fills me up for, easily, several hours. My lunch shake is two scoops of Huel blended with Wyman's of Maine Strawberries, Blueberries and Cherries with Kale also in about 16oz of water. This is about 365 calories.

- Because the shakes are so filling, I tend to snack very lightly throughout the day. If I do snack, I'm eating a cup of cherries and/or an Oikos Protein yogurt.

- My evening meal is generally very light and may consist of chicken and a green vegetable or, if I don't feel like cooking after my crazy commute, simply another Huel shake.

- Prior to Huel, I've suffered from gout issues most likely related to a terrible diet and weight gain. I was also pre-diabetic. Since Huel, I no longer feel any tingling or numbness in my extremities.

- Additionally, due to work and commute related stress, I'd suffer from angina and panic attacks, e.g. tight chest, high blood pressure, racing pulse, etc. Since switching to Huel, all those experiences have disappeared.

- I was averaging about $10 a day on lunches at work not including breakfast, dinner or snacking. A Huel shake averages $2 to $3 so my wallet is happier too.

- Finally, I've lost about five pounds in the almost two weeks I've been with Huel. I'm even managing to walk the dogs a couple of miles nightly before turning in.

Again, these are my own experiences. I'm not gaining anything by sharing my own experience with you all. I'm just very thankful to be losing weight while getting the healthy nutrients I need, especially with my crazy work and commute schedule. I have a lot more energy now and, overall, I feel great about myself.

Thanks much and have a good one!