Hungry, but nothing is appetizing.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    You need to spend the money for a doctor. Did not be cheap with your life. Honestly. This is concerning.

Can't afford the doctor.

Doctors do really want to help people. That is what doctors do, most do anyway.

Ask about a payment plan.
    How old are you?

I have children and grandchildren, so I can’t help but be worried for you.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Have you eaten today? :)
  • the9thdoctor89
    the9thdoctor89 Posts: 31 Member
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    Have you eaten today? :)

No. Not since yesterday at lunchtime.
  • PKM0515
    What about some soup or a sandwich? I love the black bean soup at Panera (vegetarian). I don't know where you're located, but the Dakota Smashed Pea and Barley soup at California Pizza Kitchen is delicious and vegetarian.

Pasta, any way you like it. Macaroni and cheese. Grilled cheese (and tomato). Vegetarian chili.

I go through times where I'm somewhat like you're describing, usually due to anxiety/depression. To me, soup is comforting and easy to eat. Also, when I get like this, I may have no appetite when I'm alone; but if I go out with a friend, I can usually eat. Do you have friends/family nearby (a) to eat with and (b) to talk to? Do you live alone?

What did you "used to" like to eat? Can you try to eat one or more of those items? Olives? Avocado? Artichokes? Rice? Pizza?

Please eat something today and post when you do. A lot of people are worried/concerned about you! :)

• the9thdoctor89
    edited August 2018
    What about some soup or a sandwich? I love the black bean soup at Panera (vegetarian). I don't know where you're located, but the Dakota Smashed Pea and Barley soup at California Pizza Kitchen is delicious and vegetarian.

Pasta, any way you like it. Macaroni and cheese. Grilled cheese (and tomato). Vegetarian chili.

I go through times where I'm somewhat like you're describing, usually due to anxiety/depression. To me, soup is comforting and easy to eat. Also, when I get like this, I may have no appetite when I'm alone; but if I go out with a friend, I can usually eat. Do you have friends/family nearby (a) to eat with and (b) to talk to? Do you live alone?

What did you "used to" like to eat? Can you try to eat one or more of those items? Olives? Avocado? Artichokes? Rice? Pizza?

Please eat something today and post when you do. A lot of people are worried/concerned about you! :)

I used to like all the things that you mentioned, but even they don't appeal anymore. They just seem boring at this point. I live with family, but they aren't helping much. I do appreciate the concern.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member

I used to like all the things that you mentioned, but even they don't appeal anymore. They just seem boring at this point. I live with family, but they aren't helping much. I do appreciate the concern.

It doesn't matter if they're boring. Just eat one.
  • the9thdoctor89

It does matter. If I eat and I'm not satisfied I'll just keep binge eating and that's not good.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited August 2018

It does matter. If I eat and I'm not satisfied I'll just keep binge eating and that's not good.

Neither is undereating and starving yourself.
    Stop making excuses and get help - you need to ask family for help if you can't afford to see someone about your eating disorder
  • the9thdoctor89

Neither is undereating and starving yourself.

I understand that, but it still doesn't make the decision any easier.
  • PKM0515
    I think, as hard as it is, you have to force yourself to eat something. You haven't eaten in over 24 hours; I'm concerned you might pass out. Vegetarian Mexican food is flavorful (I know you mentioned you don't always taste things well). Peanut butter sandwich? Baked potato? Chips and salsa?

Are you drinking to stay hydrated?

A few weeks ago I went through a brief spell like this (nothing appealed), but I realized I had to eat something, whether I liked it/wanted to or not. Please eat. Maybe looking at some food blogs/recipe sites might spark an interest? Either way, though, you need to eat.

Hugs...

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited August 2018
    I had too much acid in my stomach and my doctor had me take omeprazole every morning to treat it. I'd see your doc to rule that out before seeing if it's an eating disorder. I had anorexia and am recovered and the loss of appetite felt completely different than any of that. I wanted to eat but the thought of anything except club crackers made me feel sick. Seeing my doctor, getting the omep and now I'm back to normal was the most helpful thing i did.

ETA: Just read you cannot afford a doctor. Is there any clinics near you that accept anything like carecredit? The damage you could do to your body from not eating for longer than this could end up costing more than a clinic visit.

Good luck! Hope you feel better.
  • the9thdoctor89
    I think, as hard as it is, you have to force yourself to eat something. You haven't eaten in over 24 hours; I'm concerned you might pass out. Vegetarian Mexican food is flavorful (I know you mentioned you don't always taste things well). Peanut butter sandwich? Baked potato? Chips and salsa?

A few weeks ago I went through a brief spell like this (nothing appealed), but I realized I had to eat something, whether I liked it/wanted to or not. Please eat. Maybe looking at some food blogs/recipe sites might spark an interest? Either way, though, you need to eat.

Hugs...

Haven't been drinking either. We went to a local wildlife park today. So not much opportunity for that. Mexican might be okay, but I don't know.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member

Hugs...

Haven't been drinking either. We went to a local wildlife park today. So not much opportunity for that. Mexican might be okay, but I don't know.

Cheese quesadilla, refried beans, chips and salsa. Oh yea. You can do this. With your friends, sounds perfect.
  • the9thdoctor89

Hugs...

Cheese quesadilla, refried beans, chips and salsa. Oh yea. You can do this. With your friends, sounds perfect.

LOL. Let's not go crazy. :)
  • PKM0515
    The wildlife park sounds like fun! There's one near me that I really enjoy along with a few other nature trails.

If Mexican food "might be okay", just try it. (Don't think about it, just go get some.) 😀
  • the9thdoctor89
    The wildlife park sounds like fun! There's one near me that I really enjoy along with a few other nature trails.

If Mexican food "might be okay", just try it. (Don't think about it, just go get some.) 😀

It might have been fun if not for being hungry. I was in such a bad mood all day. And, the park didn't have anything appealing for lunch. Gonna have to get something soon.
  • PKM0515
    Absolutely, go get something. Later on you can post what you had. (Now I want Mexican food. ;) )