Weighing yourself Question

Have been dieting now for 3 and half years and reasonably successful in that period losing around 130 lbs , and during this journey have learnt so much about food ,nutrition and the general science of losing weight.
However even now I get freaked out with the dreaded scales !!
For instance today I woke up and as usual each Saturday morning weigh myself usually naked as well.
I then went to my Personal Trainer for an hour of Intense interval training, come home and have a hearty breakfast of Spanish omelette with some toast. Yes I treated myself to two small cookies.
So okay let's say around 2000 calories.
So why when I pop on the scales out of curiosity would I go up 6lbs on the morning??
Yes yes I know I shouldn't have got on scales eff etc, but still don't know how I can increase by that weight in a few hours .

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    It is not fat weight. It is food you have digested and water in your muscles from your exercise. Everyone's weight fluctuates, day in and day out.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    You ate, drank, exercised, put clothes on... Why would you not go up in weight?

If you want to weigh more regularly, weigh every morning in the same way. Use a trending app to smooth out the natural fluctuations....don't weigh multiple times a day!

all of that :/

heck, my weight fluctuates up to 5 pounds any given day during the course of the day.

i do usually weigh myself each day (first thing in morning, nude, after bathroom), but only remember what it is and log it once a week (typically saturday mornings).
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    I weighed 154.9 this morning. I had breakfast and 2 cups of coffee. Just for fun I weighed myself again. Now 158.6. My clothes, breakfast and coffee weigh 3.7 pounds.
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 301 Member
    Stupid human tricks: If I want a low number on the scale in the AM l'll have an early dinner the night before. WTF effect: big steak moves the scale down the most
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Stupid human tricks: If I want a low number on the scale in the AM l'll have an early dinner the night before. WTF effect: big steak moves the scale down the most

Maybe for you. Have a huge mixed salad with tons of vegetables and add some coffee in the morning! Boom! Get a plunger!
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    2 days ago I weighed ~155, this morning early I weighed 159. I did have a big overage day 2 days ago. Anyway, after weighing this morning I paddled my SUP ~11 miles before breakfast and I weighed a bit under 157. I didn't bother with it again after breakfast and lunch, but I was probably back up to 159, Then some heavy yard work - digging. I probably dropped back to around 157 again, then dinner would have pushed it back up - you get the picture.