Ok this has gone just far enough.

I used to be healthy and now I am 265. Today was going to be the day. I was not going to eat until I planned it, but then I got out the bacon, and well, there you go. I went to Starbucks after. It's not too late, so I am going to enter my confession and sin no more. I would like to find a group in Aledo TX, or Ft worth, Benbrook. The hardest thing about moving to Texas from Washington state 2 years ago, is I lost my group. I watch them riding bikes and mountain climbing on Facebook and miss it. Let me know if you have a group near Ft Worth. Thanks!

Replies

• MissMe913
    MissMe913 Posts: 1 Member
    I had written an entire positive diatribe but it got deleted somehow. Basically don’t be too hard on yourself, make small steps and don’t celebrate your success with food.
  • jmpurser
    jmpurser Posts: 22 Member
    I can echo what MissMe913 said. Beating yourself up is as useless as trying to fix yesterday.

Instead focus on today. And just today. I found that when I was out of control I needed to focus on getting back on track one step at at time. Like no sugary drinks first. When that works no processed foods (spelled cookies). If I can get that far then no fast food (Buh bye pizza), and so on. The important thing is don't keep trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

About the same time you moved to Texas I moved to NC, also from WA. To replace my "group" I started going back to AA meetings and I've just begun going to OA meetings. I'm a vet and they have a program called M.O.V.E. that meets weekly. One thing I've never done with weightloss is to join a support group. That's what I'm doing differently this time.

This is what I used to find an OA group. It may not be for you but you won't know until you try.
    https://oa.org/find-a-meeting/

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    You can include bacon and Starbucks in your diet and still be at your calorie goal - you don't have to make weight loss as difficult as possible by cutting out everything you enjoy.
  • NicBlackburn1
    NicBlackburn1 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks everyone who posted replies. It is definitely nice to hear and read other's voices of reason. I go to a meetup group every other Friday, not necessarily healthy, but it's my only social thing right now. I think I might start a healthy food lover's group. I will look for healthy places to meet, talk, and eat healthy. Sound like fun?? Let me know!