Interval Fasting + Eating. Anyone?

purpledream89
purpledream89 Posts: 14 Member
edited August 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all, I'm considering doing the interval fasting + eating thing.
Any one on here successful with this?

Im worried about getting started but I need pointers.

Im thinking about doing a 12pm-8pm scheduled eating. nothing outside of this window.
I am 205 lbs female aged 28.

Does this actually work?
Im just like trying to find a "fast way" to lose some weight due to a medical condition that I am experiencing. Is this "faster"? or about the same?

I will not be exercising - just isnt for me really. My idea is to do 1200-1500 cals btw 12pm-8pm. let me know your thoughts - experiences? any motivation / insights / tips are truely appreciated. Id love for anyone to share personal stories as well! =)

Many Blessings MFP thanks whoever takes the time to read <3

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    here ya' go.

take a look at this: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29534545

there are more and more clinical trials happening on this very subject.

there might be some real benefits to intermittent feeding/eating that extend beyond CICO.

(might not too, the take-away on the subject is to approach it with an open mind.)

let science take the lead on this, although, granted... that might take some time.

• Motorsheen
    This study by Dr. Panda goes a little further into the subject and is a worthwhile read on the subject:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=29951594[PMID]
  • clover19832014
    clover19832014 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I have been doing intermittent fasting on and off. Like the others said calories are most important. But I do feel better when I’m doing it. There are scientific reasons (I don’t know how much are proven), but I do feel less bloated and also less cranky because this allows me to have bigger portions. When I’m actively losing weight I do better with eating 3 bigger meals then 5 small meals. For example I’ll have a big meal (M1-2) at 12 pm, then if I’m hungry eat again at 3 pm (M3) then dinner around 5 pm (M4) and if I’m still hungry (or depending when I work out) I’ll have a light snack between 7-8pm (M5). This has also keeps my cravings down and I’m not as hungry. Again like the others said this isn’t a diet, it’s just a way of eating (a schedule) Do what works for you though. If you don’t like eating breakfast and you like bigger portions, then you may love it. Do some research, try it out and see how you feel.
  • purpledream89
    purpledream89 Posts: 14 Member
    Thanks every one who answered :smiley: i eat well over 2000 cals on the reg and just in this week knocking it down to 1500 made me lose a couple lbs. I was wondering i guess of the IF helping to burn the blubber more so to speak.
    I know there is no FAST way but im tierd of jiggling guys o:)
  • Motorsheen
    Thanks every one who answered :smiley: i eat well over 2000 cals on the reg and just in this week knocking it down to 1500 made me lose a couple lbs. I was wondering i guess of the IF helping to burn the blubber more so to speak.

here is one more study for you:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5371748/

also... take a look at both Dr. Rhonda Patrick and S. Panda's work and insight on the topic.

The jury is still out, and there is a lot of different opinions swirling around, but these two seem to be at the forefront of some good work on the subject.
  • Motorsheen
    'Cell Metabolism' (Cell.com) is another good reference for looking further into the subject:

https://www.cell.com/cell-metabolism/fulltext/S1550-4131(18)30253-5
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member

Patience and time. If you're in too big of a hurry, those jiggly bits will become sagging jiggly bits.