I'm reaching out, I'm indescribably depressed

Options
2»

Replies

• elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that you reached out - that is quite a big deal, because sometimes when you are depressed it's so hard to reach out. I suspect that you are comforting yourself with food and you have to ask yourself why you need to be comforted. When you were growing up, was food the solution for problems? (In my family it had to do with buying something). You say that you are $10,000 in debt. Find a reputable, fee based financial advisor to set up a plan to pay that off. I know that sounds like a lot of money, and it is, but it is also possible to pay it off. If your insurance will not pay for therapy, will they pay to see a Dr. - like a psychiatrist? You need someone to help you through this depression. I suffer from major depression and it is a medical problem and not just something that you get over.
    Okay, so you are fat - welcome to the club. I think we all have the moment when we wonder how the "kitten" this happened. But the good news is it possible to get a a plan of healthy eating and start following it. It is entirely possible to do. Enlist your family to help!
    This is a great place to come for support and encouragement. Just start logging your food every day, honestly, so you can see what you are eating and when. I think you'll gain strength from that. Take it very slow. Move forward as you are ready. No one will judge you- this is your journey. Find your tribe here and come to them when you need support and encouragement. You can do this!!
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    @Ali307LB you’ve come to the right place best community to give you advice and full support on this fitness journey everybody is here because they need help and as we all learn we pay it forward feel free to add me