Transition from Zoloft to Wellbutrin

On day 3 and want to know if anyone else has gone through this. Love to hear from you.

Replies

• bjess8411
    bjess8411 Posts: 68 Member
    I've been on both and don't notice they do much of anything for me depression wise I don't gain on them but do find it hard to lose weight.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    I've taken both, but not one right after the other. With Zoloft, I lost the ability to orgasm - that's part of the "sexual side effects" mentioned. I've tried about 6 AD and Wellbutrin is the only one I was happy with long term.

I've never had a probably going off AD - I just taper down for a week or two.

Are you having issues with your transition?
  • dmille2
    dmille2 Posts: 208 Member
    I’m tapering off Zoloft gradually and taking 150 xl of Wellbutrin. Some of the side effects so far for me or dry mouth, insomnia, frequent urination maybe some paranioa? I don’t know it’s early on and was wondering how the first week or two went and did you increase dosage after a few weeks? Thanks for your input.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    I take both. I have taken Zoloft for many years and Wellbutrin was added to the mix a couple of years ago. I experienced insomnia when I first started Wellbutrin and it stuck around for about 8-12 weeks. The same thing happened when my dosage was increased a few months later. I’m glad I stuck it out though, because the insomnia did eventually go away and the Wellbutrin makes a huge difference for me.