What foods do you add to eat back calories?

Options
I've dialed in how to eat approx 1200 calories, but when I try to eat my excercise calories I either don't feel like eating more, or I end up on a binge. Also, on the weekends, I do a long bike ride, which my heart rate monitor says burns 2000 or more calories. Do I really need to eat an extra 2000 calories and what could I possibly eat that's healthy to come close to that amount?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I eat appropriate portions of any foods that I want. But I also try to make sure I'm getting 120-140 g of protein a day, so that usually means I'm eating fewer carbs and more lean meats and veggies.

If you're looking for healthy, calorie dense options: cheese, nuts, nut butters, full fat dairy, Greek yogurt, protein shakes & smoothies, avocado, protein bars, olive oil or coconut oil, etc. There are a lot of ways to boost your calories by just a few hundred each meal without adding a lot of extra food to your day.
  • serafin366
    serafin366 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Avacados are high calories and (good) fat... I eat one daily.
    You could also add some olive oil or another healthy oil into your salad dressing, or rice or another food.
    Protein shakes would help after a bike ride or exercising.
    Natural Peanut butter.
    Granola.
    Dark Chocolate.