Just starting

Options
birdyxsf
birdyxsf Posts: 6 Member
Hi!
New to this app and looking for friends to stay accountable/motivated with. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

I’m looking to lose some weight and become comfortable in my skin again. I have quite an ambitious long term goal, but will break it down into mini goals along the way.

First step is getting started right? Add me and let’s help each other get to our goals :)

Replies

• mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Weight loss journey is usually hard but so rewarding!

Starting tips would be:
    Buy a food scale if you don’t have one already! It’s much much more accurate than eyeballing or cup measurements.
    Be mindful of what you eat and find what works for you. Some people do great on keto (high fat), others do well with high carbs, intermittent fasting, etc. Find what works for YOU.
    Some days you’ll do very badly, but it’s okay as long as you have more good days than bad.

Good luck!
  • birdyxsf
    birdyxsf Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. Food scale is a good idea for accurate portion control!
  • AhmedM94
    AhmedM94 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am an arab
    23 years
    Please feel free to follow me 🌸😘
  • mickeyanewberry2110
    Options
    It would honour me to befriend you. I am trying to find simple, doable exercises and routines that I can do at my work site in conjunction to learning to eat better. I don't do well when starting the process but I know if I keep at it I'll be so proud of the results
  • rabbittcan
    rabbittcan Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi!

Nice to meet you. I've just come back to MFP after a long break, so looking for motivational and encouraging friends too!

No expert by any means, but I think the best pieces of advice I've ever received are: get a scale and to start over, refocus or reset as many times as you need.

I used to get really down on myself for not having perfect nutrition or not doing all the workouts I said I would, which made me feel defeated. Knowing that no one's perfect and that one slip up doesn't derail my goals keeps me showing up.

I'd love to hear what your goals are 😊
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Welcome @birdyxsf
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    It would honour me to befriend you. I am trying to find simple, doable exercises and routines that I can do at my work site in conjunction to learning to eat better. I don't do well when starting the process but I know if I keep at it I'll be so proud of the results

There is a site called Grow Young Fitness. It's target audience is seniors but has segments that I think would work well in a work environment. Good Luck :smiley:
  • smithersad
    smithersad Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm just getting started too after a 2 ur hiatus from here. Feel free to add me :)