Eating fast food after a long time causes issues?

Options
kiela64
kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
So to work on controlling my diet I’ve eaten mostly food from home for months, with the occasional meal out, cookie here and there, ice cream, and last week we got pizza from Pizziollio but I ate only 2 slices or one slice in a day.

Yesterday I was exhausted and starving and my pre-frozen sandwich wasn’t going to cut it so I decided to splurge and get a panzerotti from pizza pizza. I’ve had it before and it’s just. Lovely cheesey goodness. It was perfect.

It’s something I’ve bought before with no issues, but today it’s the attack of the stomach gremlin. I’m wondering if it’s because I haven’t really had junk food or fast food in a long time. And when I have had it it’s been more portion controlled, like 1-2 slices not 4-5 like I’d eat before. And definitely not a Whole Panzerotti in one go at like 8pm lol.

Is this something you’ve experienced? Or should I look into whether or not I was poisoned lmao 😂 (jk)

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    If it is a whole lot more food, cheese/fat than you have been having then you might be having some indigestion. I think that is pretty normal in that kind of situation. But just in case what are your symptoms?

My dh is just getting over food poisoning (salmonella). At one point he was just laying on the bathroom floor. He had vommiting, diarrhea, chills, fever, headache for days. His case was mild compared to some of the people who ate at the same event. A few were hospitalized. He saw a doctor and confirmed the food poisoning and was told to just drink plenty of fluids and not take anything to treat the diarrhea. He was told it should get better in 4-7 days. He ate the food on Tuesday and started having symptoms Wednesday night starting with vomitting and chills. He very quickly was spending a lot of time in the bathroom.
    https://www.cdc.gov/foodsafety/symptoms.html
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    If it is a whole lot more food, cheese/fat than you have been having then you might be having some indigestion. I think that is pretty normal in that kind of situation. But just in case what are your symptoms?

My dh is just getting over food poisoning (salmonella). At one point he was just laying on the bathroom floor. He had vommiting, diarrhea, chills, fever, headache for days. His case was mild compared to some of the people who ate at the same event. A few were hospitalized. He saw a doctor and confirmed the food poisoning and was told to just drink plenty of fluids and not take anything to treat the diarrhea. He was told it should get better in 4-7 days. He ate the food on Tuesday and started having symptoms Wednesday night starting with vomitting and chills. He very quickly was spending a lot of time in the bathroom.
    https://www.cdc.gov/foodsafety/symptoms.html

Definitely no vomiting, just the other end. No chills, just gas, and this awful painful churning. I’m pretty sure it’s the first thing with the overdoing the cheese & fat etc.

Wishing your husband a speedy recovery! That sounds really rough ❤️
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Hurts my belly. After being lower fat for 2 years.
  • Wendyanneroberts
    Wendyanneroberts Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I need to track & limit my fat intake for health reasons (heart condition). I have been doing this successfully and usually spread my fat intake throughout the day. But I have found that a larger than average intake of fat in one go/large high fat meal (as your discribing). Then I get terrible stomach cramps and diarrhoea, for several hours. It never used to effect me in this way before me limiting & tracking. It happened 2 or 3 times, on different occasions, but now I know, I avoid doing it any more.
  • Karkeykay
    Karkeykay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It took me three months to get used to this healthy diet I'm on. I was getting pretty sick of it all because I was expecting the opposite. I ate some brussel sprouts one night and thought I was on the verge of death! lol Now I can eat all I want. I think it makes sense that eating fast food after being on a healthy diet for awhile might cause some stomach issues.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Yep. A sudden large amount of fatty/greasy food when you're not used to it is not well-received, in my experience.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    A sudden diet change tends to throw the body off. Going from non-greasy to greasy....or vice versa, can piss off your digestive system.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    any time i eat something a lot heavier in grease or fat, it runs the risk of upsetting my stomach.