Stretching!

Options
Greetings! I love working out by I go through periods where it is completely absent from my life (because I forget that I’m a priority!). I’m getting back in the grove, but I’m the past, I’ve been prone to Plantar Faciatis or throwing out my back because I go too hard too quickly! Any suggestions for stretch les or methods to ease back into working out in a way that protects my body? Thanks for your feedback!

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Read The Supple Leopard
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    skippykip wrote: »
    I’ve been prone to Plantar Faciatis or throwing out my back because I go too hard too quickly!

You've stated the real problem, which is doing too much too soon. Stretching won't prevent overuse injuries, so your solution is to go slower this time. Fitness is a marathon, not a sprint.
    If you still get arch pain, you can wear Superfeet or Powerstep insoles in your exercise shoes (not your everyday shoes). Also stretch your arches a few times a day. Instructions are on youtube. While you're there, learn how to contract your transversus abdominis muscle while you workout to help prevent back injuries. :+1: