How long of intermediate fasting does it take for that bloated stomach feeling to go away

Options
I realize my stomach is always full LOL I really have to do some intermediate fasting. I’ve never been successful at it but I am sure that if I did it right get that disgusting bloated feeling out of my gut.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You mean intermittent fasting? Eating too much at one meal, not meal schedule - not per se, only if your meal schedule happens to be one meal per day - will cause bloating. Are you eating too much? Are you gaining weight?
  • SuccessHere
    SuccessHere Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I’m eating too much yes.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    IF isn't necessary for weight loss, it just one way to create a calorie deficit. If it's not working, just try something else.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    If you get bloated from eating then an elimination diet might be a better idea: leave out one food and see if you still get bloated, write down how long it takes. Leave out the next food, etc. If you just feel that you eat too much and your stomach feels uncomfortable then IF will do nothing as you'll probably eat the same amount of food, only in a smaller window.
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    All IF does is make it easier to maintain a calorie deficit (for some people). It works for me cause that is how I prefer to eat but did not work for my wife. She snacked more and binged more during her eating window. She loses more weight tracking calories and eating three meals a day. It sounds like you need to hold yourself accountable by tracking EVERYTHING you consume. Try IF but if you stuff your face during your eating window then it will not do you any good. You should still track your calories during your eating window to make sure that you don't go overboard. Good Luck!