Marcos Question/Error?

Options
samhusson
samhusson Posts: 5 Member
edited August 2018 in Getting Started
Greetings,

I'm scratching my head trying to understand this and maybe doing something odd..Please help talk some sense to me.

ppfyz6n82jii.jpg

How can the total calories remain to add up to be 549?

22g Carbohydrates = 88 kcal
34g Fat = 306 kcal
58g Protein = 232 kcal

By my maths that is a total of 626kcal

*throws keyboard*

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    It's not calculating the calories remaining from the remaining macros. It's simply adding up the totals of each and subtracting it from your goal... You may have selected entries that are incomplete or incorrect. You will also have some discrepancies due to rounding.

Your totals suggest incorrect entries:
    129C + 32F + 70P =1084 cals.
  • samhusson
    Options
    Ah ha! I see. So, those totals are just totals of the + vs. - whats left. I was trying to build a final meal that completes her goals correctly (Give or take, I'm a perfectionist) and use those stats as a guide to make her dinner. Obviously not ideal.

I'm using the Mifflin-St Jeor formula to base her maintenance calories on. She on 1726 total in a 500 deficit. (Moderate carbs) 30% protein, 35% fats, 35% carbs. So the entries are correct after second glance. Afaik...

0nu3twsm20s7.jpg

Thanks for the help.

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    samhusson wrote: »
    I'm using the Mifflin-St Jeor formula to base her maintenance calories on. She on 1726 total in a 500 deficit. (Moderate carbs) 30% protein, 35% fats, 35% carbs.
    I don't think this is relevant for the issue at hand.
    So the entries are correct after second glance. Afaik...
    The entries can't be correct if they don't add up. But in your second screenshot, the numbers add up nicely. Have you changed any of the entries from earlier? If not, it's not reassuring that they add up now - rather more disturbing.
  • samhusson
    Options
    What’s relevant to me, may not be to you.

The entires hadn’t been competed. They were a snap shot in time before her last meal.

Thanks.