Pocket scale for trips. Yes, I’m extra.

Options
2»

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    If they question it, pull out your MFP diary and show them. Lol. Once my mom gave me a couple toddler forks (one was in the shape of an airplane, and one had some type of caterpillar machine on it) and I stuffed them into my purse to be forgotten about, until I went into a courthouse and had to get my bag scanned. They were like, Ma'am, do you have forks in your purse? I was like Huh, forks? Why would I have forks? OH WAIT yes I do. When I pulled them out I guess they weren't too concerned I was going to go around stabbing people.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    If they question it, pull out your MFP diary and show them. Lol. Once my mom gave me a couple toddler forks (one was in the shape of an airplane, and one had some type of caterpillar machine on it) and I stuffed them into my purse to be forgotten about, until I went into a courthouse and had to get my bag scanned. They were like, Ma'am, do you have forks in your purse? I was like Huh, forks? Why would I have forks? OH WAIT yes I do. When I pulled them out I guess they weren't too concerned I was going to go around stabbing people.

It's funny what does/doesn't get past security. We went to the baseball game the other day and they made my husband give up his little pen knife (he got it back later). Not sure what they thought he was going to do with it and he asked the security person "you do know I can buy a baseball bat in there, right?"

I have a little scale I pack to take on vacation if we're going to be staying some place we can make our own food. If it's some place we are going to be eating out all the time I don't bother.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    These are the ones that make them a little suspiscous:
    https://www.sciplus.com/4-ounce-100-gram-pocket-postal-scale-1362-p

The USPS used to have one shaped like their bird symbol that worked in a similar manner. I heard the reason they discontinued it was because it was so popular with pot dealers.