My cake and eat it too

My daughter is going to be a year old on the 15th (huzzah!) and I have already planned the cake I will make for her....a two tiered chocolate/ganach layer cake....

I thought maybe I would layer with Raspberry, but who wants to pick seeds out of their teeth all day :laugh:

I am already feeling the anxiety about this confection....and I want to be very blunt....I will eat it....hell, I might eat two pieces of it..This even hasn't even happened yet, and I am already stressing....

I need the motivation and support to NOT eat THREE pieces

Replies

• blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    You SHOULD eat it. Yes, you are trying to lose weight and get healthy, but what good is life if you can't enjoy some things? Maybe if you are able to minimize anxiety/feeling guilty about it you would be less likely to over indulge? And remember one day/one meal won't get you off track. Look at your week holistically and make nutritious choices that make you feel good the rest of the week :)

(If it was me, I would get family/friends to take leftover cake, or freeze pieces so that I couldn't dig into all of the leftovers!)
  • mistij68
    mistij68 Posts: 84 Member
    My daughter is going to be a year old on the 15th (huzzah!) and I have already planned the cake I will make for her....a two tiered chocolate/ganach layer cake....

I thought maybe I would layer with Raspberry, but who wants to pick seeds out of their teeth all day :laugh:

I am already feeling the anxiety about this confection....and I want to be very blunt....I will eat it....hell, I might eat two pieces of it..This even hasn't even happened yet, and I am already stressing....

I need the motivation and support to NOT eat THREE pieces

You know you really made that cake for you and guests.... right? :wink: I'm just saying two tiered chocolate ganache, that sounds delicious. I would have some myself. But seriously, you have every right to have a piece, just have it in moderation and make up for it later or before with exercise. If you exercise before , you won't feel so guilty. So enjoy and Happy 1st birthday to your daughter! :happy: