Mental Health + healthy lifestyle

Options
2»

Replies

• susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I find daily guided meditation (5-10 minutes) helps keeps my anxiety at a bearable level. Exercise, list making, baths are help as well. I do see a therapist once a month to find my triggers and that has helped greatly as well. Best of luck to you!
  • johnslater461
    johnslater461 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Anti-Anxiety Foods
    • Cocoa
    • Blueberries
    • Almonds
    • Salmon
    • Asparagus
    • Maca
    • Avocado
    • Berries
    • Bananas
    • Fermented Foods
    • Kefir
    • Yogurt
    • Turkey
    • Tea and infusions
    • Seaweed
    • Oysters
    • Turmeric
    • Spinach

Citation needed
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    What helps me reduce my anxiety and depression and makes me feel grounded is studying. Not necessarily in my area of research but anything really. I love studying and I've noticed that people often would never consider studying as something they could do in their free time unless thay have to do it. Maybe it is an aquired taste for fun so to speak.
    There are plently of free online courses these days, MOOCs and what-nots. See Coursera or Edx. Maybe what helps me might help you too?

P.S. I'm 38 years old, not a teenager.
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    For me sometimes exercise really helps but can also become a trigger. I have had periods where i have had anxiety attacks about the thought of going into a gym, there are times i cant speak for a while when i get there because i will cry (i hate that i cry when anxious but i am less embaressed about it now) . I have been very open with people at the gym about my anxiety and they have been very supportive. I find circuit classes good because they dont give my mind time to wander i just need to focus on the moment. My anxiety spreads into worrying about what i need to do next, what if its busy, what if....it helps me to have the kit ready and someone to help if not and i just follow the instructions! Usually i feel better when i get into it, occasionally i dont. I have also had a very supportive running partner. We talk about something and nothing and he keeps me going when i find it tough and doesnt take it personally when i dont want to (or cant because he is faster than me!). Hope you find something that works. Look after yourself.