Truly Blessed! Bigger and Better Things ahead, please join me!

Options
Hello everyone! I am back! I've never truly went away but have just been logging in daily but not tracking what I eat or anything. There has been a lot going on with me the last few weeks! But the past two weeks have been filled with nothing but blessings!!! This will be a little lengthy but let me explain:

FIRST - I had been thinking of leaving my job (been here almost 10 years!) and trying to find a new job; just a lot of stress and drama where I work and I'm ready for something new; well I had applied for several jobs and had one interview which went really well but afterwards I decided that it just wasn't the right fit and that I was going to stay where I am at. I talked to my boss and told her I wasn't planning on going anywhere. "BUT" then on August 6 I got a phone call from a lady at St Mary's Medical Center telling me I had been recommended for a job by Lee Smith (a former co worker of mine - I actually took over her position when she left); there was an opening in that department and Lee told her boss about me. So I thought I have to at least follow up on this encase this was meant to be; because I mean I hadn't even applied for this position! It basically fell into my lap! So on Wednesday the 8th I interviewed for that position! The interview went great and afterwards I just had a peace and felt like this is where God wanted me to be! So I just prayed and left it in God's hands!!

THEN - that same day in the evening I got a message from my daughter in law's mother telling me to Skype them it was very important! So I did and they showed me a positive pregnancy test! My daughter in law is pregnant!!! My oldest son and daughter in law have been trying to get pregnant for the past two years with no luck; so she goes and gets checked out and everything is fine. He goes to be checked out and was told he has problems with his sperm (teratozoospermia-is a condition characterized by the presence of sperm with abnormal morphology that affects fertility in males); so he was told he needed a referral from his family doctor to see a urologist that specializes in male infertility (and that most likely they would need invitro to be able to have a baby!). Well he was scheduled to see that doctor on August 16 and then on August 8th Megan found out she was pregnant! Talk about a miracle! We are over the moon about becoming grandparents and are just praying for a easy pregnancy for Megan and a happy healthy baby in April 2019! God is soooooooo good and worthy to be praised!!!

AND THEN -the next day on the 9th I took the afternoon off to go out with my middle son Matthew (he's 22 and still lives at home) job hunting. Matthew hasn't been working since May and really needed to try to find a job. A little background on Matthew he's always struggled in school and things because of his speech (he stutters and was always bullied); he's a very bright boy but not really book smart (don't want that to sound mean) he's more of a hands on person. I always wondered when he was younger if he could possibly have Aspergers but no one ever tested him. ANYWAY there is a program here in Ohio that helps people with different types of disabilities get job experience; they place them at a job site to gain job experience but the person doesn't work for that company they get paid by the program that is helping them. Well in May that program ended for Matthew and he was without any kind of job. He took Auto Collision in high school and loves detailing cars. So we spent the entire afternoon going to all the local body shops and him taking his resume in and filling out applications. Well our last stop of the day was at a Subaru dealership; he goes in and takes his resume and comes back out with an application so I am sitting there filling it out and a woman walks out and said "I just want you to know how impressed I am with your son; we don't have any openings here but we have a sister dealership in Lavalette and I called a man named Wes there and he's waiting on you guys; go there now he's expecting you and tell him Ikie sent you"! So we go there which happens to be a Ford Dealership (my son is a Ford guy all the way!); they tell him they need a copy of his driving record and asked when he could bring it back and Matthew said tomorrow morning. So he goes on Friday morning and gets his drivers record and takes it there and they HIRE HIM ON THE SPOT! Full time position! He is in 7th Heaven!!! Talk about another answer to prayer!!!! (Also that same day while we are out my friend Lee calls me and tells me that her boss told thanked her for referring me for that position and told her that she really liked me! So I took that as a good sign!!)

FAST FORWARD to Friday August 17. I got the call from the Human Resources Department at St Mary's offering me a full-time position there. I had prayed to God that if I am offered this job and if it's meant for me to take it let them offer me at least $1 more an hour than what I'm making now; and they offered me $1.01 more!! So that was my sign that this is meant to be! So I went to my boss and told her I didn't want her to think I was a liar when I had told her a week or two before that I wasn't going anywhere but I told her that this fell into my lap and I believe that God wants me there. She said she hated to lose me but could not discourage someone who was trying to better themselves! So I gave her my two week notice and my last day at my current job is on August 31. I went yesterday and had my meeting with HR and got my picture taken for my id badge and had my drug test and blood work done and I actually have my orientation on the 27th; then will finish out the week at my job and start there on Sept 4!

God has truly been blessing me and my family beyond words! You would think that I would be scared to be leaving a job I have had for almost 10 years to go somewhere new but I'm not. I can't explain the peace I have about my decision and the excitement I have for the direction that my life is going. I am also hoping this change will be a positive one for my weight loss. Right now the office I am in has drug reps bringing lunch sometimes 5 days a week! That's hard to turn down! But where I am going I will be in a office doing referrals and scheduling testing; there is no patient contact so then there are no drug reps to bring lunch! I can take my lunch more or I can go to the cafeteria where they have a lot of healthy options!! So I am starting now trying to get back into the habit of tracking everything (whether its a good day or bad day) and will just see how things go.

I am also attending a hypnosis weight loss seminar tomorrow evening with my daughter and a co-worker and her husband and daughter. And before anyone says that's all fake or doesn't work; I realize that there's a big chance of coming out of there and not seeing a noticeable change but I'm sure it will be a positive atomsphere and if I at least come out of there feeling more motivated and better about myself then thats all that matters!

I hope to make more friends along this journey so please feel free to add me or send me a friend request! If you have taken the time to read this; thank you! I am going to try to follow a low carb diet; not keto and not extreme low carb. Hope to keep my carbs between 60-80 per day; and also going to watch my calories too. I look forward to making new friends!

I just had to share how blessed I am and how good God truly is. God Bless you all!

Replies

• jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I’m so glad to hear all of your wonderful news! Good luck at the new job!