Friends Wanted for the Long Haul!

Options
I would love to have more friends on mfp and would prefer those that are active on mfp! Doesn't matter if you are doing low carb, weight watchers, counting calories; doesn't matter. We all have the same goal - to lose weight!

I currently weigh 288.5 lbs. Would love to have some friends who are about that weight or started at that weight and have lost weight. My ultimate goal is 180 lbs! So come on let me see some friend requests!!! Thanks everyone!!

Replies

• JustMeandZ
    JustMeandZ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for friends for the 'long haul' too, so I'm in! I was here about 6 years ago and lost 70 pounds, ...but eventually regained it. Now I'm here 'again' to lose it 'for good' this time.
    I currently weigh between 202-203 (it keeps changing, grrr!) ...so I've lost about 7-8 pounds this time around, and my 'goal' weight is 136. My 'mini goal is to be below 200. I'm online every day, so I'll be your friend, and any others too! Good luck!!
  • karafarra513
    karafarra513 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you been doing the keto diet since January? What do you have your macros set on in grams? I am starting the keto diet and am still learning but need a reference range or a place to start. Any advice would be great!
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I am 270 and aiming for 150. I started at 340. I do low carb and exercise. I am fairly new to mfp and have been using the forums, but having mfp friends would be nice. You can add me if you like.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    The great thing about weightloss is that it's really simple - eat less, move more, and the moving is even optional! It works like that for everybody; the adjustments you do, you have to do according to your personal needs and preferences. The not so great thing about weightloss is, for some, that that's all there is to it, it's not very hard nor exciting; reaching and maintaining a normal weight and living a healthy life, doing ordinary things and being moderately active and eating moderate amounts of any food you like, will not make you feel special, your efforts will not be obvious to others, it's not going to add to interesting conversations at lunch, you will have no real excuses to quit, in short, it's not for everybody.
  • desireedrivera
    desireedrivera Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don’t weigh as much as requested but I am still trying to get to my goal weight of 150lbs.. it’s been a struggle so I think that motivation and support is key no matter what size you are...we can be mfp friends. 😃
  • melissasalgado1042
    Options
    I'm just starting my weight loss Journey I just had my son 6 months ago I was at 280 but went up goal is to at least be in beginning of 200 again any advice for me walking is a no go I live in a not so great neighborhood so at home exercises 😊😊😊😊😊
  • jeleclekat1951
    jeleclekat1951 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm back again, have trouble sticking to a plan solo. Weighed Monday @ 318, goal for now of 200. Staying below 100 carbs so I get fruit and veggies, too. Want to be in for the long haul, too. I am mobility disabled.
  • itsme4444
    itsme4444 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I’m 36 and Have been using mfp off and on for a few years. Seriously back at it now and posting/logging every day with open diary. Started 250 now at 222 aiming for 150-ish. Was down to 205 last year and gained some back🙄. Looking for some long haul mfp friends as well. Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • agrube1968
    agrube1968 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Love all the new friends I'm making! We can do this!!
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I started at 267, and am currently around 199-201ish, trying to get back under control after overeating all summer, lol! My eating style is - anything, even junk food, just as long as I fit it under cals. I will send you an add!!! Hope to motivate each other!
  • Scorpio8402
    Scorpio8402 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me! I started at 236 years ago. Was down to 150 and then had my 2 girls 11 months apart and being healthy wasn’t my priority I suppose. 😩 I’m at 219 right now. My goal is 120. Would love extra motivation and accountability!
  • MagazineSix
    MagazineSix Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely looking to add friends! Feel free to add me! :)
  • bblue656
    bblue656 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    On every day! My diary is also open! Anyone is welcome to add me :)
  • bevsteg
    bevsteg Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 51 and currently 133.5kg or 295lb. and my long term goal is to get down to around 90kg / 200lb. But that is very long term, I haven't been there since I was sick about 14 years ago and before that when I was in my 20's.
    I am on every day and am committed to losing weight to improve my life, be able to get outside more, enjoy gardening again and take the pressure of a very bad arthritic knee.

I too am looking for friends to go the long haul with me and with whom I can share the ups and downs with along the way.
  • agrube1968
    agrube1968 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    It's almost the weekend everyone! Here's to staying on track and working towards our goals!! Please feel free to send me a friend request if you haven't already! The more friends to help motivate each other the better I say!
  • kearly206
    kearly206 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Anyone is free to add me for motivation, support, or just a like. I’m on every single day!!
  • MsBriHigh
    MsBriHigh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm what's called a 'serial starter', but I really want this new attempt at losing weight to count! I'm starting out at 284, but I'm hoping to get down to around 175 (or whatever weight I need to be at to fit into a size 10). We can do this!!