Fat, broke, and maybe sick

Options
2»

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It could be anxiety because I have been extremely anxious because of my financial situation. I also spend hours laying in bed googling everything I can about heart disease and think about it constantly sometimes to the point that I just want to cry. Something I notice is that when I stop thinking about it and start just doing things I enjoy, my symptoms pretty much disappear. Like for example I’ve been telling people I’ve developed a weird cough. Well the cough didn’t start until I googled that coughing is a symptom of heart disease. I also notice that I stop coughing when I’m not constantly thinking about heart disease. I’m just going to try to enjoy myself and focus on my weight loss journey because I’m really starting to think I’m crazy. I still plan on seeing a doctor though.
    This is such an important observation, and you're very brave to share it. If you have heart problems, symptoms will be there more or less constantly or on/off even when you're not thinking about them. Reading about horrible stuff can make anybody unhappy and scared. Maybe it's better for you to get up and move? I have noticed this myself, it's very hard, because I just want to curl up and hide, but getting out, getting things done, will at least give a feeling of achievement, even if it doesn't instantly improve my mood.

Do see a doctor on first opportunity. It's important to start proper treatment as soon as possible, and it's good to rule out things as soon as possible too. Just talking to someone you trust, face to face, can help you calm down.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    You're freezer needs to become your best friend. Bulk is cheaper, most foods can be frozen. Cooked beans freeze amazingly well, the same for soups, stews, and myraid of other inexpensive dishes. I make pinto beans enchiladas all the time, beans corn tortillas, onion, garlic and red chili (I make my own enchilada sauce as the red chili's are super cheap where I live)...and yes both the sauce and the prepared enchiladas can be frozen.