KT Tape - Worth It?

Options
2»

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Just looking for people's thoughts on this stuff - have a lingering foot injury and also saw on their website that it can be used for extra arch support (I'm flat footed).
    Seems sort of expensive (I assume it isn't reusable?) and was hoping someone might have some insight :smile:

not reusable. I used it for a foot problem, it was ok, got the same support from athletic tape.
  • ktadmin
    ktadmin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    not reusable. I used it for a foot problem, it was ok, got the same support from athletic tape.
    [/quote]

It's true- KT Tape is one time use. One of the main differences between KT Tape and regular athletic tape is that KT Tape can be worn comfortably for anywhere from 1-7 days at a time (usually 1-3 days on a foot), including in the shower or pool. So KT Tape rolls last a long time even with single use. thx
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    I have found it very useful for shoulder and ankle stability, but have had much better luck getting Rocktape brand to stay stuck.

really? i'd trust your judgement.. but how could it work?

No idea. Might be a placebo effect but I swear it does :-)

I'll take that :)

I've read about a possible mechanism, which is, this particular placebo effect (which, agree, ought to be exploited more anyway) involves proprioception training. The taping material and method themselves can't suggest physical support, and I don't have the knowledge to understand the claim around lymphatic drainage, but I can get with this explanation here (basically, around attention & perception, & their influence on biomechanics) : http://www.bettermovement.org/2011/how-does-kinseotape-work/

If that's what's going on, the tape wouldn't have to be KT tape. Except, the reason it works is bc, it's KT tape.

/iknowimannoying.com